Posts by fhuang

my gut feeling tells me your audio space 300b amp should sound better.  better is a very bad word though.  or let me put it this way, if i were you, i would prefer the 300b amp to gsx mk2.  i have the gsx and i sure prefer my 300b, wa5 much much more.  too much clinical sound is never good for the t1.  t1 sound a bit like hd800 with gsx.    maybe i'll go try the audio space 300b amp later.  shouldn't be too hard to try, audio space is a hong kong brand and i'm here...
    i think i'm good with gz37 then.  a romanic sound is what i'm looking for, most of the time. 
is gz34 as warm and smooth as gz37?  what you guys like more than the 37?  i only tried a few rectifier tubes, eml and rca 5u4g for example.  each has it different sound and character but i like gz37 the best.  i really like the smooth sound of gz37. 
    how much was it?  i remember 596 was like 10 dollars?  or less last year.
    too hard and expense to get now.  i acutally like my gz37 more than my eml 5u4g, which is bigger :)
    i thought you have have plenty of expenice, 9394 :)       seriously you guys have any experience on gz34 and 37? 
how does gz34 comparing to gz37?  from my experience for tubes, size matter.  the bigger, most of the time, the better
    thanks, i'll try that
so the cheapest is around 575?
to me, this a20 amp sounded more pleasant to me than the a1(never a fan and i'm a huge beyer fan, that's enough said).  it was at the hong kong hifi show and playing the t90 and the new t51.  for the price, the representative told me it's going to be around 5000 hk dollars.  that's around 600.  not bad i think.  thinking about getting it when it comes out.      ps, for t1.  it's other big boys' job.