Posts by wsilvio

My Perfect Wave mark 2 Dac is a good dac and your probably right that it takes care of the jitter.  Just curious if anyone else has had that thought.  
Yeah, when you think about what you get home with after leaving AIX, it is quite a value. Given that i probably won't ever be able to have a quarter of a million dollar surround sound mastering studio in my home, this is as close as I'll get. For those of you who think the realiser is only for multi channel, think again! I may never be able to listen to normal headphones again. Yes, it is that good. Also for those who wonder if the 009's make a difference, they most...
I just got back from LA after having my AIX PRIR done.  I would just like to publicly thank Lorr Kramer from Smyth and Mark Waldrep from AIX.  It was a fantastic experience and definitely worth the trip.  Everyone was super nice and very professional.  Highly recommended!
I'm not sure I understand how you are planning to use the AVR.  I understand that you want to decode multi channel from your cable box, but after that i'm not sure what is suppose to happen.  I don't see any pre outs from the avr.  Will the avr pass lpcm through the hdmi out?
You could get a Sony ps3. From what I understand, it will send out up to 7.1 lpcm. It is reasonably priced and you get an added bonus of being able to play some games too! I'm not really a gamer, but I'm sure I could find a few titles to enjoy. Especially those games with 5.1 soundtracks!
  The switch is hidden on the side.  it is recessed and you would need a paper clip or small screw driver to move it.  It is probably in the up position by default.  
Great! Thanks for the insight.  I'm really looking forward to this.  I just received my realiser which I bought used on the forums here.  I tried the generic PRIR and it was really impressive.  I can only imagine how awesome the personalized PRIR will sound!
For those of you who have done you measurements at AIX, I have a question:   Lorr has told me that there are two possible systems I can be calibrated to.  the first would be to do a 7.1 and 5.1 with their B&W/profounder system.  The other choice is to do that, plus their JBL 5.1 cinema system.  Anyone done both?  If so what are the differences?  I have a few weeks to decide before I go to LA, but thought I get your opinions.  Thanks,   will
Halide bridge works fine too using a powered USB hub. However, straight USB to my perfect wave dac using the cck doesn't work.
I believe the pass through is for video and or unprocessed pcm.  I don't believe it will do what you want.  Furthermore, the PWD only accepts HDMI from the Perfect wave transport as far as I know.