Posts by wsilvio

I agree.  I have measurements from AIX and another from a friend's 2 channel mastering studio.  It makes a huge difference and is well worth the effort and expense.  That being said, learning to measure your own system is helpful if you go to a studio or showroom that won't take the measurements for you.
You could go for CLAS coax out to hugo
Will it work with Algorithm CLAS
Yeah, I bricked a J3 using my Mac.  I actually liked the player, but it was too much trouble getting files on it without screwing it up.  If you forgot to eject the player properly it was all over.  Luckily Amazon took it back.
I thought about getting an AK240 but as a MAC user I worried about the ease of file transfer and firmware bugs etc. Plus I like the connectivity of the Hugo.  I also like the fact that Chord used an FPGA instead of an off the shelf solution.  My PS Audio Directstream DAC uses an FPGA and it's quite impressive.  
OK, so I finally broke down and bought a Hugo after many weeks of looking at these and other threads!  I hope when it arrives it will be as glorious as everyone says!  I plan on using it with my iPhone either with the camera connection kit or using coax out of my Algorythm solo. Also at work with my mac running Amarra.   I'll post impression after I receive it.
I believe it is DOP.  I haven't tried it myself yet, but I believe I read this on the PS Audio's forum.  I think the only input that can accept native DSD is the i2s input.  At this point, the only device that could supply navite through i2s is their digital phono preamp/converter.
No problem soldering, but sending it back allows Justin to test everything and make sure nothing else's was damaged.
Here's the box damage. 
Hi Justin,   Thanks for the reply.  I'm assuming you want a picture of the box damage correct?  The switch is definitely screwed up.  It basically moves in all directions!