Posts by billybob_jcv

Wow, a 500 HP V8 that revs to 9K RPM Oops, that's the 458 - the 488 "only" goes to 8K RPM - that sure as heck didn't come from Detroit...
There are a couple of different types of "snapping turtle" - the big one in the picture above is an "alligator snapping turtle", and I think they are endangered. There is also a smaller type called a "common snapping turtle" that is not protected and I think can even be farm raised. That's the one that is sometimes seen on menus.
I once had an awesome bowl of snapping turtle soup at a restaurant in New Orleans. Really yummy! The really big snappers are about as close to dinosaurs as you can get...
Several months ago, the 5th gen ipod video I bought in 2006 finally died. I suspect the dock connector finally gave out - it wouldn't recognize being plugged in to a charger or to my PC. I was very sorry to see it die - we had nearly 10 good years together. I had tried several times to get off iTunes, and MediaMonkey finally allowed me to do that once and for all. Now I get by with just a Sansa Clip+ and 32 GB card. The user interface sucks, but it's good enough for...
Thanks for everyone's response - they all helped me understand my own opinions better. I think the fights I really didn't like were the old ones where Royce Gracie would just flop to his back with his feet in the air and wait for Sakaruba to come to him. (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OVWUY9ehDo ) Although I respect the skill - that's not a fight I want to watch.
Excuse me for intruding - I admit I don't know very much about MMA. I was watching a bunch of recent and older fights on youtube, and I became aware that although I could appreciate the skill and experience it requires to be an excellent grappler and win by submission, I actually preferred the fights with more striking action. I'm guessing that's probably because I don't recognize all the little things that lead-up to the sudden submission. I kept having to rewind to...
[[SPOILER]]
As do we all!!
Speaking of fighting, I just stumbled on youtube videos of Lethwei (Burmese Boxing). Holy Cow! This stuff makes MMA & Muay Thai look mild. - No gloves or pads (I'm not even sure they have cups!) - Elbow strikes: legal - Kidney strikes: legal - Head butts: legal - Body slams: legal - Knuckle rakes to the eyes: legal - Hold the back of the neck and knee slam to the face: legal If you get knocked out (on your back for a count of 10), your corner can revive you and...
There is a special level of Hades for those that resurrect a year old thread from a banned member...