Posts by 3X0

Determined that the main thing I'm looking for the TH-600s are newer D5000s + a cash (or a pittance if they're like-new) as they remain the one pair of Denons I've never owned. I'd also be interested in Denon mod parts (ideally a package of earpads and cups) + cash.
Can anyone confirm that the TH-600 is brighter in the treble than the second-generation (e.g. 2012+) D2000/D5000?
Incredible price. Someone from UAE will be very lucky. GLWS.
Incidentally, many of those features are rampant in high-end audio in general.
Not enough evidence to corroborate this. dude_500 had the best approach when he suggested the relationship between Vp-p and output rail voltage was more significant than just the Vp-p or slew rate. In just Vp-p or slew rate regarded alone, most Stax amplifiers are more than sufficient.
Pictures added!
This is going to sound really obvious, but were you using a 117V->100V converter? JDM SRM-323Ss are only designed to operate on 100V.
Preface: Maybe we can take this offline to avoid de-railing the thread.  You mean the E11 with the bass boost enabled? The FR of the E11 is not flat with either of the bass boost settings enabled, even when unloaded. The Crack with the HD 6X0 series actually produces excess output peaked at 100Hz or so, among other fun/weird things going on in the odd-order harmonics. Quantities of the frequency region would be observable in the loaded FR, while qualities would be...
The N900 has relatively high output impedance as well: http://peskett.co.uk/RMAA/ClipVn900.html   This would produce excess output skewed to the impedance curve of the headphones, especially when the damping factor becomes so low (e.g. with an impedance below 50 ohms for traditional dynamic headphones). Since the Magni has such a low output impedance it shouldn't really be boosting the bass at all (most damping factors with it will be 50+ which is ideal).   The...
Doesn't the PHA-1 have an output impedance of ~10 ohms? That probably produces some excess output centered about 75Hz or so when coupled with the ES10s.   If used to voice the modded ES10s, that might produce unexpected results when pairing the latter to low-output-impedance sources like contemporary DAPs and smartphones.