or Connect

Posts by 3X0

Found (finally)! 
I'm planning on attending, probably with +2.
I've been letting this sit around for way too long.   Stax SRM-323S. Functionally perfect and can't find much to fault it cosmetically, so I'd rate it 8/10 to be safe. It's the 220V export model and has not been internally rewired, but I can throw in a 100W step-down transformer if you need it.   I drove my SR-Omega for quite some time with this amp happily. I think it would be a suitable low-cost solution to drive some newer models such as the SR-007A and SR-L700.
Pictures finally added!   The condition looks to be much better than I initially described (I tend to be extremely nitpicky ).
This is basically a Peachtree iDac (with more features) + class A preamp and headphone amp + 80W/ch (into 6ohm) class D power amplifier. It is one of the few combo units that has non-oversampling and non-aliasing (oversampling) modes, along with a defeatable tube buffer in the preamp. Essentially these switches provide four permutations of operation between NOS/OS + tube/SS. The DAC section is based on the Sabre ESS 9016 and accepts USB (24-bit/96KHz), 2 each of...
I don't believe the sentiment to be very uncommon. There are more than a few individuals of significant repute who were initially taken with the SR-009 but grew dissatisfied over longer listening.I agree with Tyll's opinion of the 007 vs 009, and I don't think it's an uncommon one. I think the SR-007 would have ranked higher if the listeners carefully adjusted it properly to their specific head. It's interesting Tyll only calls out the Abyss for having a temperamental fit...
I've found a silver Gumby to hold me in the meantime, but I'd still be interested in one in black (or preferably such a Yggdrasil*). *They do exist -- I've seen at least one factory black Yggy in person.
Don't bother investigating. Mullard XF2s and call it a day.
I'm looking for a Gungnir (Multibit, non-USB and USB Gen 1 options all welcome with respective price) or Yggdrasil in factory black.   Let me know what you have.