Posts by 3X0

I wouldn't write off the experiences of others unless you've had personal experience with the pairing. When the HD 800 is modified (properly), the result has audibly reduced treble response that has been confirmed by measurement. This is subjective listening corroborated by objective measurement, whereas the availability of the latter in Stax pairings has been relatively lacking.Given the SR-009 was designed with the SRM-T1 and SRM-727, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if...
I've always wondered what Stax is using for voicing behind-the-scenes. The only option in their pedigree that would be ostensibly comparable to aftermarket solutions would be the SRM-T2 but I can't fathom them maintaining a unit in-house for that long and making R&D/voicing judgments with it. If (big if) one were to determine with complete certainty that the SR-009 was voiced with the SRM-727 for example, it would make a bit more sense. For one, the pairing doesn't have...
Yes, the violin has harmonics that extend into the top of our threshold of hearing. I would be curious, again, to see a comparison of the measurements of the SR-007 and SR-009 from the SRM-T1, SRM-717, KGSSHV, BHSE, ECE, et alia. Realistically I'm only concerned about the linear and nonlinear performance above 1KHz as the higher registers have been my only pain point with the KGSSHV. Such would help me better understand what I perceive. It's quite possible the Omega off...
I don't just find the HD 800 bright, I find it intolerable. The Mk1 on the KGSSHV is very good. I never suggested it being bright. Yes, the SR-009 isn't as bad as the HD 800. It doesn't have to be bright -- I've heard it rather agreeable sometimes. Thanks for that counterpoint. Have you tried the SR-009 on, say, the EC Electra?
Indeed, that's well stated. I personally find even the Omega to be rather strident on the KGSSHV. It is not to the point of being harsh, but audibly annoying. That's just for me personally. To frame this into context, I'm a rather young lad with treble sensitivity who finds the stock HD 800 intolerable. To make my admittedly flippant prior remark (re: generation gaps) sound a little more reasonable, I don't know of a gentleman who enjoys the SR-009 + KGSSHV pairing that's...
Oh, please. Even dude_500 remarked on the perceived brightness of the one of the KG designs with the SR-009, and he's designed some very well-voiced DIY-statics.It's not an uncommon sentiment, but given the vitriolic reflexes that tend to be the order of the day when such estimations are expressed, it's certainly an "unpopular" one. The defensive reflex is no less silly than the facetious nature of my remark, albeit in a different way.The KG designs are best suited to the...
I agree. I don't understand how people cope with KG designs on the SR-009 unless they have older and/or less treble-sensitive ears. It's really quite the elephant in the room IMHO.
Sensitivity to spikes and troughs varies from individual-to-individual. I am not very sensitive to 10KHz emphasis (like in beyerdynamic DT 880s) mostly due to ear gain, but am quite sensitive to 6KHz activity.   I think midrange would greatly affect genre versatility if it is "off". I personally found the TH600s unacceptable with live recordings.   My D2000s sounded closer to "correct" to my ears from either my desktop setup or the headphone output of my Galaxy Note 2.
1. Price is firm. 2. USPS first-class mail is included in the price; US only. 3. Transaction fees are not included; I prefer Amazon Payments or Google Wallet (no fees).   These pads come from the TH600 and by most accounts are identical to the pads employed in the TH900. They are made of eggshell protein leather and are incredibly lightweight and comfortable.   They are in great condition, with minimal usage and were pulled from the pair of TH600s I sold...
Duplicate listing (borked mouse)