Posts by 3X0

I agree. I don't understand how people cope with KG designs on the SR-009 unless they have older and/or less treble-sensitive ears. It's really quite the elephant in the room IMHO.
Sensitivity to spikes and troughs varies from individual-to-individual. I am not very sensitive to 10KHz emphasis (like in beyerdynamic DT 880s) mostly due to ear gain, but am quite sensitive to 6KHz activity.   I think midrange would greatly affect genre versatility if it is "off". I personally found the TH600s unacceptable with live recordings.   My D2000s sounded closer to "correct" to my ears from either my desktop setup or the headphone output of my Galaxy Note 2.
These pads come from the TH600 and by most accounts are identical to the pads employed in the TH900. They are made of eggshell protein leather and are incredibly lightweight and comfortable. They are in great condition, with minimal usage and were pulled from the pair of TH600s I sold recently. They do not include the plastic locking ring that secures the pad to Denon/Fostex headphones, but I can confirm these are compatible with the existing locking rings on the Denon...
Duplicate listing (borked mouse)
Everyone wants giant killers, but in truly critical listening an HD 800 will pull away from a KSC-75 in a matter of seconds.   Different headphones don't just suit different budgets, but different applications. The highest-end headphones are best suited for critical listening. By critical listening I mean it as an exclusive activity -- no simultaneous web browsing, no reading, nothing but just queueing an album and listening.   I'm more than comfortable with a pair of...
I won't be able to make it this weekend.    Just moved last month and still have a bunch of stuff to work over.   Looks like I'm missing out on some good times. Hopefully I'll see some of you at the July meet.
6KHz is the same general area that bothers me in the HD 800s. Beyond the familiar sizzle I was hearing, I looked at the available FR charts and noticed the peak at ~6.3KHz. EQing this band down some made them much more tolerable, but I wasn't willing to EQ like this on a permanent basis.   The TH600 isn't as bad of a V as the DT 990, but for the price I'd actually rather take the DT 990 Pro. I'll echo AnakChan's (IIRC) impressions that this headphone was overpriced, and...
Gee, I wonder why that is...I don't think the TH600 has higher raw resolution really. The peak at 6KHz can trick some ears into believing that it's more detailed but it's just harsh to me.The TH600 is cleaner from the lower mids down into the sub-bass, but the D2000 has more sub-bass power as it doesn't have the same mid-bass bump.My main grievances with the TH600 is the FR crest at 6KHz and the consequent valley in the mids. I would call the midrange on the TH600...
Looks like somebody missed the sell-off for the past few weeks.    Ended up getting rid of my pair for $400 (albeit I'm keeping the pads). I think that's the right/fair price for these to be honest. I prefer the AH-D2000 ultimately.   Good luck finding yours!
Back on topic. beyerdynamic T1 $599 from bd-usa: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121331386988&alt=web As with their other eBay sales, no warranty.