Posts by 3X0

Never made the pretense of surround. It's a really good stereo mix compared against BF3. Not sure how it compares to BL2 but that's my other good reference point. You don't need DH or CMSS-3D to get superb imaging from that game, despite the stereo mix. If you compare the three games BF3 is the only one that sounds purely L/R with no center or spatial cues and needs a DSP to be half-decent. I wouldn't be surprised if BF3 was a step back compared to BFBC2, but I'm too lazy...
Nah, seems like modern games are moving to better sound positioning within the stereo mix in general.
Man, the positional audio of BF4 is fantastic relative to the sloppy mess that was stock BF3. You no longer need DH or CMSS-3D or any DSP really to get plug-and-play imaging with your favorite setup.   Might as well toss the Xonar U3 now.   I'll eat every post I stated earlier in this thread dogging on stats -- I've been there and back and there really isn't anything better than electrostatics as far as gaming is concerned (or music, but that's an entirely different...
Look up "SR-507 Investigation" there."I must say the 507 is growing on me with the APL/BHSE setup. It's no Omega in terms of soundstage, bass, midrange presence or detail retrieval but for the price it eats a HD800 for dinner and stands up to the HE60.""The 303 was very similar to the 404 and both have the annoying midrange etch.""As for the 507, I like them more and more which for me is the true mark of something great. Feed them a complex bass line and they do show their...
I'm not really voicing my opinion, I'm just preventing misconception. It's not that I don't respect your opinion, but that I fundamentally disagree with how you've presented it.FYI, the SR-507 compares favorably to the HE60 in overall merit.
Burden of proof is on you, not on me. Unlike your allegations, the impressions I'm referencing are readily available and reflect the opinions of some of the most esteemed members of the Stax community.Tell me, if the landscape hasn't changed and the Stax mafia is still the Stax mafia how could you reasonably expect those impressions to have changed? They are not a crew to swoon from sonic traps such as emphasized bass or tipped-up treble and then capriciously change their...
Unless mafia opinions have somehow flipped around in the past 2 years, that's a minority opinion. Please don't label it as a general consensus as it's beyond misleading.   It's as simple as googling "Stax SR-507" to find what the mafia generally thinks about the X07 series.
http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=SR-%CE%A9 http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=SR-007 http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Stax_SR-007MkII N.B. The SR-009 is not officially an "Omega" family product AFAIK, not sure why.
I said it right in that quote - our fearless leader cited the 507 having cleaner bass response than other Lambdas. Whether this is a function of pads is beyond my guess, but members of the mafia also compared the 507 favorably against the 404LE (in fact someone may have preferred it). These are not from the typical headphone user but rather from experienced Stax ears.In the investigation (not on this forum), Stax mafia also concluded that the 507 was as good a Lambda...
Nah, the new series not only has slightly more bass quantity but also better bass quality. In fact I distinctly remember one of our most distinguished members citing that the SR-507 has cleaner bass than the "typical" Lambda. I don't remember any negative impressions of the 507 actually, besides the fact that it wasn't an Omega.   You can get older Lambdas for dirt cheap from people who either don't understand their current value, and/or from the one-off Yahoo Japan...