or Connect

Posts by 3X0

My adapter cable has the recommended 4M7 resistor in-series with the bias wire, but I did use this with the standard 580V bias jacks of the BHSE for a while (without issue).   One of the output jacks on my T2 is configured for 500V bias and that's the only one I'm using with the HE90 now and getting meh sound from.   SR-Omega sounds fabulous on both outputs.   P.S., @gepardcv here's the standard Fischer female jack for your DIY...
I tried giving the HE90 an honest go with the T2 but it just didn't hold up.   It's a bit puzzling to me since I recall really enjoying the HE90 out of the BHSE perhaps even over the Omega (I know, I know) but it could be the honeymoon days being long over.   My T2 doesn't have a native HE90 output but neither did my BHSE.
T2 by a landslide for me but I've only owned the SRM-323S and BHSE before. I briefly tried it with a KGSSHV and wasn't a huge fan of what I heard. Shouldn't be a huge surprise since SR-Omega + SRM-T2 was the statement pairing from the original Stax (before they went under).
Yes. Haven't had time to report in detail, but I can say it sounds very similar to the original HE90 (based on my experience with my own on the same BHSE).
I count no fewer than 6 HE90 outputs on that picture (and 6 Stax Pro), with an especially interesting output configuration of 2x Stax Pro and 1x HE90 on the Carbon. Unless my eyes are deceiving me the HE90's headband pad may also be in need of replacement. @purk have you had or do you plan on acquiring the SR-Omega? It's quite an extraordinary pairing with the T2, superior to the HE90 IMHO.
Ah, I missed that one -- mostly saw just the circuit diagrams up until now.   Looks pretty cute! I'm tempted.
There is such a wild variance of opinions (even those from experienced ears) that I would advocate listening for yourself to determine suitability. Oftentimes the airfare to an appropriate meet might be less than what you stand to lose reselling a piece of equipment that does not meet expectations. While a meet environment is rarely conducive to critical listening it is usually sufficient to determine whether you like something or not, perhaps even relative to another...
Unfortunately much of the language being spoken is balderdash.My advice would be to research mindfully and draw your own conclusions where possible. There is plenty of Stax wisdom to be found hidden in plain sight and the challenge is sifting past the noise.
Updated
Purk, do you prefer the HE90 from the Aristaeus or the DIY-T2?I'm curious as the DIY-T2 seems to be a complete one-up on the BHSE, yet the prevailing opinion seems to be that the BHSE is unsuitable for the HE90.