Posts by 3X0

New T1 with warranty for $740 from BuyDig via eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=310958613274&alt=web Please share if this is replicable or outdone on their full website. I'm on mobile and can't check.
Conditions:   Must be unused and unopened. Must be the latest available revision (based on the appearance of the earpads and original purchase date, preferably in late 2012 or early 2013). Because of the first requirement, you should be willing to accept them back in the event they are not the later revision.   The $1000 offer is inclusive of transaction fees and shipping to NorCal. Sorry, but I can't offer anything even remotely close to the above for units that...
The implication is that the returned product may be a fake, while the fraudulent "customer" keeps the genuine article.
Sold Grandioso for sale. They're in excellent condition. I don't have enough time to mod these and use these for a project I was originally planning. They're completely stock and include the manual/documentation, but not the original box. No trades. Price is before shipping (shouldn't exceed $10-15). International buyers will not be responded to -- sorry!
Added photos.
The 6KHz spike masks quite a bit of the treble above it. The treble response from 8KHz-10KHz or so is recessed.
+1. Much prefer my AH-D2000s.
Headband or earpads?Headband would be tricky to replace as it is partially glued on...
That's the snafu. If they're trying to make their headphones the best in isolation from a technical perspective, they have to test them. I would question the notion that aspects such as the stator design,spacing, diaphragm material, et cetera were conjectured by technical hypotheses or experiential guesswork without proofs. I don't mean they are "voiced" in a strict sense, but certainly evaluation of their design decisions must derive from pairing what they have available...
Yes. The hypothesis frequently posited is that the Stax-branded amplifiers (besides the 717, 727, and maybe the 323S [?]) tend to be less consistent performers in driving a "challenging" load (the SR-007Mk1 is frequently the load brought into example). If this is true and the SR-009 was evaluated in development with a Stax amplifier that couldn't handle the load, it could have some interesting implications for the performance of the unit on amplifiers that can vis-a-vis...