or Connect

Posts by 3X0

That's what I thought about my humble 323S, but I'm taking the leap...
Get the mini and toss your KGSS.His amps hold value and at those prices you'll barely be out shipping if you ever decide to sell.
Is there still room?   I'd like to attend with @gnolnait and another friend. We can bring a hodgepodge of gear (I'll bring my AKG K845BT, rest is TBD but potentials include Q701, AD900X, TH-X00 and miscellaneous sources/amps).   EDIT: Gear we plan on bringing: K845BT Q701 FiiO X3II Mayflower O2/ODAC
Sounds more like an SRM-737 or SRM-008tS than anything else TBH.
Nice meeting you all. I was the guy in the Sennheiser hat. Lots of good stuff. Bill-P's HD 800 and jazzfan's HE-6 stood out for me.
Is there still room? I'd swing by with a +1 and might be able to bring my SR-Omega (no promises though). Don't think I'll bring an energizer though so if anyone has one I could hop in with that could be useful.
The number of cases of temporary imbalance far outweigh the number of cases of permanent imbalance. Given the former, I simply could not do without an energizer with independent channel control.
Is there any recommendation for a safe solvent to use to clean the housings of Greater Stax?   There's a smudge of something on the housing of one of my Omega drivers and I've been contemplating gently rubbing it away with 98% isopropyl.   They haven't been used for about three months now so I believe they're free of any errant charges.
The Texas sharpshooter will stress the opinions that are consistent with his/her perceptions, and reject any opinions running contrariwise (even if those opinions are from the same respected thought leaders).Then of course we have kettle logic where the subject uses an appeal to authority to defend an opinion he/she admittedly has no firsthand experience with, then criticises his/her opponent on the false assumption that his/her opponent also has no firsthand...
spritzer (and I believe KG as well) have gone at length to describe why the WES is a "bad" amp, and likely inferior to current Stax offerings (certainly from a design standpoint).To be quite honest if you blindly place the WES in that list this overall opinion strikes me as functionally not dissimilar from that of a oenophile who might -- even subconsciously -- attribute price to quality.I wonder if the minimum threshold you would consider acceptable for the upstream could...