or Connect

Posts by 3X0

Yes. Haven't had time to report in detail, but I can say it sounds very similar to the original HE90 (based on my experience with my own on the same BHSE).
I count no fewer than 6 HE90 outputs on that picture (and 6 Stax Pro), with an especially interesting output configuration of 2x Stax Pro and 1x HE90 on the Carbon. Unless my eyes are deceiving me the HE90's headband pad may also be in need of replacement. @purk have you had or do you plan on acquiring the SR-Omega? It's quite an extraordinary pairing with the T2, superior to the HE90 IMHO.
Ah, I missed that one -- mostly saw just the circuit diagrams up until now.   Looks pretty cute! I'm tempted.
There is such a wild variance of opinions (even those from experienced ears) that I would advocate listening for yourself to determine suitability. Oftentimes the airfare to an appropriate meet might be less than what you stand to lose reselling a piece of equipment that does not meet expectations. While a meet environment is rarely conducive to critical listening it is usually sufficient to determine whether you like something or not, perhaps even relative to another...
Unfortunately much of the language being spoken is balderdash.My advice would be to research mindfully and draw your own conclusions where possible. There is plenty of Stax wisdom to be found hidden in plain sight and the challenge is sifting past the noise.
Updated
Purk, do you prefer the HE90 from the Aristaeus or the DIY-T2?I'm curious as the DIY-T2 seems to be a complete one-up on the BHSE, yet the prevailing opinion seems to be that the BHSE is unsuitable for the HE90.
I'm happy with my current chain, and would not still own the Yggdrasil and BHSE if I was displeased with them. My hypothetical next steps are the DIY-T2 and/or an Aristaeus or Octave (Mjolnir Audio) complement.FWIW my tubes are the Mullard XF2 double-halo but I haven't personally used anything else.If @purk was here, I am glad I stuck out with the lowly SRM-323S until the BHSE. IMHO, YMMV, etc.
No worries. I should probably also clarify that I don't mean to suggest that $1500 would be a fair price for a KGSSHV (e.g. #9001), especially in consideration of your point that some units would likely cost in excess of that in BOM alone e.g. when high-quality chasses or situational importation/tariff costs are factored in. I only mean that in the context of my (limited) experience with three separate KGSSHVs, I would not personally want to spend more than $1500 on one....
Where did I ever insinuate that? I am saying that even if the absolute bottom-of-the-barrel BOM cost were $1000, that's still awfully expensive. I'm not commenting about any particular KGSSHV.