Posts by 3X0

I wouldn't conclude much from the results unless the cans were explicitly level-matched within 0.2dB (e.g. at 1KHz).
Look elsewhere. The TH600 has a midbass hump that obfuscated some of the sub-bass. The older Denons (except the D5000) have their midbass more in-line with the sub-bass.
Preference: 1. SR-Omega 2. OG JH13 3. HD 800 4. K845BT Subjectively observed capabilities: 1. SR-Omega 2. HD 800 3. OG JH13 4. K845BT Head time: 1. HD 800 2. K845BT 3. OG JH13 4. SR-Omega
Oh, I know. The effect that many will notice outright will be the reduction of amplitude from the upper-midrange on upwards (2.5-5KHz+). The reduced ringing and improved decay characteristics will be appreciated by fewer, discriminating ears. EQ would achieve a similar effect to the tonal balance, but you wouldn't gain the ancillary benefits of reduced baffle reflections and improved decay characteristics. I'm pretty sensitive to upper midrange/lower treble peakiness and a...
Nothing.Also valid. I went with the EQ route as I am not confident in my ability to reproduce those results; the consistency of a DIY modification of this nature seems a bit suspect. In my case PEQ only "corrects" perceived frequency response (or more broadly, performance in linear terms), whereas the modification alters other factors such as housing resonances and decay performance.
I think our listening is actually more inadequate. We don't listen comparatively with sufficient controls.Technically, we can measure everything we hear. There's some difficulty in translating some of these measurements (especially non-linear ones) to what we hear. Correlating a description from the modern audiophile lexicon to a certain measurement is still imperfect, especially since a sound descriptor (e.g. muddy bass) can be the factor of multiple measurements.In other...
Actually, one of the central tenets of proper blind comparison in the field of audio is to level-match upstream variables (e.g. DACs, amps) within 0.2dB (typically at 1KHz). This is a pretty discriminating standard. The bulk of audiophile "experience" out there isn't properly level-matched. The resulting error from matching upstream electronics by ear will be audible by ear.
Original silver Schiit Valhalla. Selling on behalf of my roommate.   Excellent condition with original box and packaging and pointy feet. He wants to note that it's serial number 888.   No trades please. CONUS only.
HRT Music Streamer 2 for sale. Selling on behalf of my roommate. It's in excellent shape. Includes a Pangea Audio USB cable.
Yes.No.