Posts by 3X0

Yup, all in good fun. It wouldn't make sense to not at least recoup your investment on something you don't even want to get rid of, especially if you're in no pressing need for the $. Prices on rare headphones are indeed highly volatile since it is a seller's market. Demand will always outstrip what scarce supply ever makes itself available. Having a SR-Omega myself, I think you're crazy (in a jocular way) for even considering selling the HE90, MDR-R10, or Omegas. But I'm...
Probably not based on two pieces of data:1. Appreciation on the very rarest (generally very best and most-coveted) discontinued headphones, namely the trio of HE90, R10, and Omega.The HE90 (headphone only) sold for as little as $5k I believe and will fetch up to ~$10k or more these days for obvious reasons (~350 units, reputation, et alia). The MDR-R10 sold for ~$4000 and will fetch highly variable pricing from $3000 to $6000+ due to deterioration concerns (~2000...
Yeah, I had this argument with DefQon earlier and he was right about your present opinion of them. But I summed up the tidbits here. Your seemingly positive impressions seemed to have been from late 2010 in "that other forum" whereas your posts from 2013-onwards here have been pretty negative about them. Thanks for confirming your present opinion of them.
I can't say, but I tend to be far more of an objectivist than most here (and have an appropriately skeptical wallet). I'm not sure I'd be able to discern improvements in the BHSE versus anything lesser with any semblance of confidence, but I have yet to hear it at length. I certainly didn't perceive the KGSSHV to be much of an improvement over the 323S and in fact took some issue with what I perceived to be a slightly bright tonality with the Omega (not so much with the...
Well, as per the definition of "lossy", they technically are...
This is the only statement I would believe to be accurate regarding the Lambda generations. Even impressions on the new Lambda line by the Don (where is he these days?) have flip-flopped over the course of one or two years. I would say that the only conclusive way to be sure is to hear them side-by-side, but this is of course easier said than done. This isn't just a case restricted to Lambdas either. Read comparative impressions between the SR-007 vs. SR-009, SR-007...
The 323S is a great amp. I listened to the KGSSHV and thought it was a bit bright in comparison. The 323S is surprisingly "just right" with the SR-009 and SR-Omega IMHO.   Not quite the SR-007 though...
I believe they were a manufactured-on-order and ceremoniously discontinued at 4070 units. Whether this was originally intended or due to some other factors (e.g. poor sale's performance or high manufacturing costs) would be outside my area of knowledge.   I had a brief listen last month and though they were just OK. I prefer the open Lambdas myself, as the character of the 4070 is something apart from all other Lambda series (from the first through the fourth...
I am of the sentiment that your PM inbox will fill to the brim very quickly!
You're right, I forgot about the bogus resurgence of the format by hipsters for all the wrong reasons.