or Connect

Posts by 3X0

Nope.
It's not a mistake. http://www.headamp.com/electrostat_amps/index.htmI asked a while ago and it's available. I'd probably consider it if Justin added balanced inputs, but that would require reworking the topology AFAIK.
If you're on a budget, why don't you join the many happy owners pairing their BHSEs with the venerable Yggdrasil?
Why? Like a fine spirit, Yggdrasil gets better with age.
Get either metal (if you have isolation pucks) or both. I believe ordering replacement metal spikes costs far more than $80, so it doesn't make sense to only get the rubber.   I believe the rubber feet are also of uniform size, so if you're going to have the amp and PSU on the same surface the PSU will effectively be taller than the amp. The metal spikes for the PSU are slightly shorter so everything is level on the same surface.   I'd personally use the rubber feet on...
Yup. The black Ragnaroks (presumably from the winter batch) just sold out recently. From what I understand the black finish batches from last summer and winter took a very long time to sell. That is warehouse space and overhead that could have been invested in turning more backordered silver units.A vocal minority preferring the black finish is still a minority -- the demand is simply much smaller than you think.I'm glad to have secured a black unit but I sympathize with...
Somewhat interested in a pair of MDR-R10s to round-out my collection. My primary concern is that the drivers are in perfect working order given their notoriety for actively rotting. I'd prefer some assurance from the seller that they would not spontaneously fail on me (given proper care in my possession). Looking to stay around or under $6k inclusive of fees and shipping. I have recent feedback for purchases around this amount. I may withdraw this listing at any time...
Are there 2-channel component manufacturers that offer products with similar design aesthetic to the BHSE?   I was looking at integrateds from Pass Labs (for the similarities in heatsinking), but they are only available with a silver front panel...
It's great seeing more black-finished units in the wild. They may sound slightly darker than the normal ones.
@Joeybgood I would be careful of making decisions based on opinions hereabouts. Fortunately the DIY-T2 is a five-figure amp and virtually impossible to score in the primary or secondary markets, but the other options are extremely expensive and it is easily possible to wind up dissatisfied with the wrong blind purchase.   The best option is always listening for yourself by any means necessary. Not sure if there are any local meets, but even airfare to the nearest...