Posts by m8o

@Nightmistx22 , did you try bypassing the input cap?    Q to anyone/everyone who may know.  What I can't figure out is why this is called a 'hybrid' amp.  It's OTL.  Does it have a solid-state input stage?   Thanx
  So now that I purchased a new-to-me old Adcom GDA-700 with AES/EBU inputs, it's gotten me wondering.  I'm currently driving it over toslink spdif from a new Little Dot CDP_II (one of the few produced).  It's good.  But I can't help ponder would it be 'gooder', in a sonically significant way, if driven from a transport with AES/EBU output?    If you happen to have a Transport and DAC that has standard SPDIF and AES/EBU, and did significant A/B comparisons at one point...
I'm hoping to attend too.  Gear I'll be bringing TBD.
That's mighty kind of you to offer.  I don't mind stating my location but I'll PM so as not to derail with thread any more with off-topic posts.  Don't tempt with those those items for sale.  Many are on my 'want' list but I really have to stop buying mid to mid-high priced items so I can purchase one or two super high price items I have my eye on.  ;)
Someone brought their Koss ESP/950 ?  where's the "bangs head on table" emoticon.  I really want to hear that.  I'm so mad I wasn't ready in time.
I really will have to get or make a 1/8" or 1/4" headphone to speaker adapter if anything for just the MadDog alone, cuz this Tube/Hybrid pre-amp + T-power-amp works great driving my Tannoy 8" monitors which I have 1 meter away from my ears.  [the legendary coax kind] -- granted I am crossing over the lows to a sub amp and speaker; tho I will bypass the x-over soon to know how that handles too.  I hope 50 ohms won't be too high to operate the T-amp.   I need to correct a...
I really don't think ... strike that, I know for a fact it is not 3 watts; I think 0.3 watts is more like it but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 0.03 watts.  I think there was a typo in the specs and never questioned [instrument tested by a reviewer] or corrected by the manufacturer.     This amp really can't drive the MadDogs very well, which should easily be in its wheelhouse at around 50 ohms, capable of handling 3 watts.  I have amps that I know for a fact are...
Turns out I greatly under-estimated what it would take for me to get everything packed that I need to bring.  Whereas I expect to be boxed and ready to go by err, 1am - 2am (?), I had to throw in the towel around 4:30am when I considered the break-down and re-setup and I didn't select my music to bring yet.  I'll have to go up to manny's music [or ebay] and buy a road-case for the equipment so most everything moves together w/o re-connection.   I was so looking forward...
FYI, I recently purchased two pieces of gear I intend on bringing as long as they arrive this week.  A used Perreaux TC2 tone control with headphone out, and a new Carot One Ernestolo.
I have one on the way and it should arrive in a few days.  I plan to bring it to the upcoming NYC meet so hope to get opinions from others about it and hope some will share their thoughts too.