Posts by djgustashaw

Ours - Precious, Jimmy Gnecco's voice is incredible. VAST - Visual Audio Sensory Theater - hmm no way to really explain this stuff. It's kinda like artistic goth, maybe? Those are 2 of the greats.
hmm well i just got my first pair of nice cans in the grado sr60's about 2 weeks ago and they're AWESOME... but i hafta say the eggo d22's seem pretty enticing. those'll probably be my next pair. im starting to learn you can never have too many.
My dad's Optimus CD 3400 has been acting funny lately. I borrowed it from him to use as the front end of my system. I began using my own pcdp after a while because of its better battery life (the CD3400 sucks up battery life like you wouldnt believe). So anyway, a few weeks later i hook up the Optimus to use again and low and behold it's not working. Uh oh. My dad was mad about it, and understandably so. First off, the unit itself won't open unless you press REALLY...
Thanks for all the great info everyone! I think that I'm going to go for the Grado's since I'll probably be spending a bit more time without an amp than with. Now all I have to do is find a Grado dealer in Atlanta...
I'm looking for a new pair of inexpensive headphones to use with an iPod. I plan on splitting time with and without an amp, since I dont have a portable amp and ill be using these all over the place. I've narrowed it down to the SR60 and 497, and without an amp ive read the Grado is the clear winner. Is it worth it to take a performance hit without an amp with the Senn's to get better sound with the amp? Anyone with experience with either of these cans please help,...
I recently got a 5gb iPod (Mac) for Christmas. There's only one thing that's been bothering me-- I've been into digital music on on the PC for awhile, and as far as i knew, 128kbps was near-CD quality. After reading the forums, it seems that most are using 192kbps. However, i encoded a song at the highest iTunes possible 320kbps and i can't tell a difference, and that was running a pair of nice, albeit old, headphones through an amp. Should i bump up my encoding rate...