Posts by djgustashaw

Quote: Hey, speaking of Voyager One, has anyone actually ever heard that first Verve EP that inspired them? Just curious. Huge fan of the Verve here. I'm not quite as well-schooled as the rest of you on the shoegazing scene, but I love Ride's "Nowhere," (thanks Bong... been meaning to PM you) and I also have Voyager One's first two albums (haven't been able to pick up the latest yet). If you haven't heard the Verve E.P., I'd definitely recommend...
What about the "Darkest Desires" thread(s) in the music forum? Last I saw they were up to the 5th edition because the first four had already gotten maxed out...
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the "team 3rd gen" thing on the first page... I'm definitely still "team 1st gen." It was fun being an early adopter with the iPod because people couldn't believe how cool it was for the first few years. I'd love to upgrade to one of these new ones. I'm over capacity with my 5gb, and I want something that's slimmer. Unfortunately, I really just shouldn't spend the money right now, especially considering that I use my Shuffle...
Early stuff by The Verve is damn good psychedelic rock; definitely nothing like "Bittersweet Symphony." They initially made a name for themselves through shoegazing on A Storm in Heaven, but even before that came the Verve E.P., which is tilted more toward the organic nature of space rock than the wall-of-sound crunching of shoegazing. There's a lot of spiraling guitars on the louder tracks (She's a Superstar), whereas the softer tracks float along on wavy bass lines...
Also notice that they have a straight plug instead of the 90 degree one on older models. The timing is perfect for me; my MX500's just developed a nasty rattle and I've been using the apple iBuds that are a little flat for my tastes. I'll probably pick up a pair.
I love Ray-Ban Aviators. They're the most classic sunglasses ever, if you can pull them off
Is there ANY way to get one of these to work on a Mac? The price is right and the design is awesome... just as striking as the nano, but in a completely different way.
I've loved Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's latest album, Howl. I like the new bluesy style a lot more than the hard edge they adopted for the album that preceeded it. The songwriting fluctuates between average and not bad at all ("Howl" is probably my favorite lyrically), but it's a consistently enjoyable album from start to finish. It's especially nice to have a BRMC album with some truly catchy moments. I'd put this one on par with their self-titled debut (for entirely...
Taco Bell is DELICIOUS! Seriously! I love the nachos. And it's incredibly cheap... our local one has discounts for students with college ID's, so you can get a huge combo meal for less than 4 bucks. I'M FULL!
I haven't seen any love for Arby's yet! You just can't beat curly fries and a cheddar roast beef sandwich I've been in the south my whole life and I've never liked Chick-fil-A much... pretty expensive, although they do have great sweet tea. As far as those Mexican grill kind of places go, I like Willy's the best. They're all more or less the same IMO, but Willy's gets the edge because of a better salsa bar. Does anyone else have a Checkers around where you live?...