Posts by djgustashaw

I have more shoes than I probably should as a guy, I'll admit it. During the summer I love my Reef flip flops, although they fell apart much faster than I anticipated considering their price. For running I just keep around a pair of Nikes that I find comfy. Otherwise, I recently got a pair of Borns that I like a lot, very comfy: I also have a pair of Eccos that look a lot like those only brown to make sure I never mix brown and black. Just a few days ago I got a new...
Yep, antennas don't count. Spires are considered to be an actual archtectural part of the building, whereas antennas can be tacked on whenever. I agree that some of the spires (especially the ones on the Petronas towers) can be a cheap way to claim the "world's tallest" title, but I suppose if they counted antennas it would be way too easy to just slap a new, taller antenna onto an existing building.
I sure hope so. I still have (and use) my 1st gen 5gb iPod, and it's in almost perfect condition. Check out ilounge.com's latest iPod buyer's guide PDF; they have a comprehensive list of resale values of all old iPods. If I remember right, only the 5gb 1st gen model showed any value increase, not the 10gb (which is odd to me). It wasn't a big increase, but it has gone up and will probably keep doing so. The mini's are also skyrocketing in value.
Hey, thanks for all the replies so far... for awhile there I thought I wouldn't get any at all! I'm currently at home for Christmas break and we have 56k, so I can't start sampling any of it yet. When I get back to GT I'll have broadband again, so I'll start previewing it all on iTunes then. Quote: Perhaps you would like Spiritualized. I love Spiritualized. The albums I have by them are Ladies and Gents..., Lazer Guided Melodies, and Pure Phase. ...
I'll hold out judgement until I can see a new film. As a member of the Goldeneye generation, Brosnan is really the only guy I can picture playing the role in new films. He and Roger Moore are my two favorites. I've never been a big fan of the Connery films, much to many people's dismay
Over the past couple of months, I've come across two songs (yes, just two ) that I simply can't stop playing. "B+A" by The Beta Band and "The Longest Day" by The Verve both exemplify the traits I mentioned in the thread title; I suppose you could call them "ambient," but that's not to be mistaken for ambient techno, although the Beta Band track definitely rides the line between electronica and traditonal instruments. One reason I hesitate to call these tracks "ambient"...
To be honest, I've gotten pretty burnt out with his constant releases. I was a huge fan of Heartbreaker, Gold, and, to a lesser extent, Demolition. But one thing I've really gotten tired of is how every third or fourth album he makes is "a return to his roots" and "will make fans of Heartbreaker happy." It just seems as though it's hype for the sake of hype, and the sporadic quality of his discography certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I quit following his...
I got a pair of clogs yesterday because I wanted a pair of sandals I could wear during the winter (Georgia winter, mind you ). I got the narrow ones because I have slim feet, but they still have a habit of flying off whether I'm walking at a normal or fast pace if I don't pay close attention to what I'm doing. I've played around with the straps in an attempt to cinch them down, but maybe my feet are just really oblong. They work fine with socks, but they're sandals. ...
Quote: Cockroaches love to nest in and eat electrical components. That includes your high priced audio gear. They will eat the wiring insulation and can cause shorts. Uh oh... sounds like I need to open up my Denon receiver that lives on my desk...
Despite the fact that I'm a clean and tidy person, my room has a serious cockroach problem because I live in a fraternity house that's permeated with the nasty little critters. It goes without saying that they're gross, annoying, and I want to get rid of them, but I don't really know where to start. My room isn't that big (think 2-man dorm room size), so hopefully I don't need anything too over-the-top to get rid of them (although the house as a whole could use an...