Posts by djgustashaw

ok, I was typing out a really long response to this earlier but had to go to class. I'll post something thorough tomorrow. I'm a GT student (civil engineering) and the cliff's notes version is that I love it here. But like everyone else said, it would be great to know what you want to study. More to come later...
MX500's are great earbuds. They represent a solid step up from iBuds IMO, but durability is what you would expect from cheap 'buds. I used mine daily for about 2 years before they developed a terrible grattle.
A vote for the Shuffle here. I love the size and SQ. Also, I have a tendency when using my regular iPod to just scroll around trying to decide what to listen to, so for the most part I enjoy having to use random playback. Should it ever be discontinued, I'll wait and see what the verdict is on any replacement that might be offered before trying to find a replacement 1gb model. My current one is 512mb which has been somewhat limiting in the past. I would also get a...
i've used brasso on my iPod with great success a few times. keeps my 4 year old 1st-gen looking brand new
i'll join in and also say i was impressed with the shuffle's SQ when i got it a year or so ago. what really keeps me coming back, though, is the simpleness and elegance of it. just throw it in your pocket and go... nothing more, nothing less. you can get around having no screen by carefully laying out playlists in advance. i have a 1st gen 5 gig ipod that i can barely use now after being spoiled by the shuffle's size. i really hope apple doesn't decide to drop it from...
You know what I'm talking about. Songs that have swagger and make you move a little smoother when they play on your iPod. Here's some of my favorites: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Shuffle Your Feet Steve Miller Band - Fly Like an Eagle Red Hot Chili Peppers - Breaking the Girl The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter Santana - Oye Como Va Swell - Next to Nothing The Verve - The Longest Day, Three Steps, All In the Mind, She's a Superstar The White Stripes - Death...
Swell is a band I came across in late 2005 through Pandora. I was curious to see if they have any other fans out here because it's damn near impossible to find any information about them online; no 'official' website and relatively few reviews anywhere. Out of the handful of writeups I've found about them online, I'd have to say RollingStone surprisingly offers the best summarization of their sound: Quote: Swell's pseudo experimental sound is a...
first and foremost I love the Verve... whether it's the early shoegaze or the later britpop, they knew how to put a meaningful song together. I was let down by Ashcroft's later albums, but that's another story. Some other British bands I like a lot: The Beta Band (3 E.P.'s = endlessly creative and impressive) The Beatles (of course) Clinic (think they're British, at least) Doves Engineers (new space rock/shoegaze band... similar to Spiritualized) Gomez New...
Quote: I believe what you meant to say is "Just be thankful you aren't a Toronto Raptors fan" I think I can one up you here... Just be glad you aren't an Atlanta Hawks fan. Yeah, it's rough, getting beaten by expansion teams and all. Decent seats are cheap with student discounts so I've been to a couple so far, it's actually a lot of fun. Also, I enjoy watching the Raptors play just to see how GT alumnus Chris Bosh is holding up.
8 stone 13 lbs (125 lbs) and 6 feet tall. yeah, I'm a slim guy to say the least