Posts by djgustashaw

Quote: Gary just mailed me that about 20% the amplifiers have been coming late recently but he not sure why. The amps have been slow to a few other countries too! He suggested that just wait a few more days to see how things go. It took mine about 3 and a half weeks to arrive; it was in one of the batches that got delayed for some reason. Don't get too worried about it; I thought mine got lost in the mail or something, but it did indeed show up. ...
Mine mysteriously freezes up from time to time, probably three or four times in a year and a half. It just stops responding to any buttons for a few minutes, but never anything permanent.
I've been really happy with my $60 PA2V2 paired with SR60's. I got it as my first step into the amp world, I had never used one before and wanted to see if it was worth the fuss; it definitely is. Unlike most people, I don't use it as a portable amp. I just plug it into the line-out on my home receiever as my permanent set up. It helps to smooth out the Grados and make them more dynamic; they integrate together very well. Check out www.electric-avenues.com if you want...
Ugh, this stuff gets me down about pro cycling. I didn't want to watch much of the tour after Basso and Ulrich were kicked out on suspicion. I really hope the second drug test comes back clear... sometimes I wonder if ALL those guys are cheaters
I haven't heard SR80's in a long time, so I don't know if putting bowls on SR60's makes them sound identical, but it certainly improves the SR60's by a large margin IMO (compared to comfies with a hole cut in the middle). The sound "opens up" with the bowls, increasing the soundstage and giving an airier, more detailed sound. I didn't find it to be too bright or strident, just right. I was so satisfied after hearing bowls on my SR60's that I wasn't tempted to try flat...
I remember preferring the sound of the SR60's over the SR80's when I was auditioning. The 80's were a little too bright for my tastes, and the 60's seemed to have an airier, more playful tone. My roommate has SR225's, and they're certainly tighter 'phones with more punch and extension in the highs and lows. However, I find that the 60's still hold their own without losing much detail (unless you really want the extended bass), and they have a certain "bounce" that makes...
This sucks, right as I was about to make another big CD order. I'll have to check out overstock.com and deepdiscountcd.
Magnetic attraction (explained by Maxwell's equations) is where my understanding of physics ends... that stuff is pretty crazy, too. When you start examining induced EMF's and induced magnetic fields, it makes you wonder how the world isn't a mess of magnetism from all the moving electric charge we use to power our lives. I'm really looking foward to my modern physics class this fall when I learn about relativity and quantum mechanics to get a better grip on the theory...
I started having bouts of sleep paralysis my senior year of high school. I'm a sophomore in college now, and it continued all the way up to the end of my previous semester. It started without any of the hallucinations or whatnot, and I looked it up online to figure out what was going on. The weird thing is that it was only happening when I was taking naps during the day, which is in accordance with what people here are saying about an irregular sleep cycle. Also, one...
This coming fall, I'll be taking an introductory class on modern physics; namely, relativity and quantum mechanics. It's not a required course for me to take, it's just something I'm taking because I enjoyed the theory behind Maxwell's equations in my e-mag course. I don't want to make the mistake of taking a class with good intentions only to kill my GPA, so I'm trying to find some good reading material for the summer that will help get me ready for it. One thing I...