Posts by djgustashaw

-
Quote: You realize that turning Superfetch and Indexing off is a noticable performance hit rather than boost? And why turn off UAC? The only time it ever triggers for me is when installing or uninstalling programs. Congratulations - you just turned off all the usability and security benefits of Vista. Break it a bit more and you might have a Mac. Quote: Doesn't sound like you have any experience to me, at least not since a within a month of...
I do find that the recording is a bit loud/compressed. I listened to it all the way through a few nights ago on a pair of SR60's and then put in Urban Hymns and was surprised at how much clearer Urban Hymns sounded. It's not that offensive though, certainly no Red Hot Chili Peppers album. Maybe the vinyl is mastered a bit differently, though?
I'd definitely like to throw in my two cents on this one... I think this is my first post in about two years. I got into The Verve's music five or so years ago through Urban Hymns and I definitely consider that to be my favorite album by any artist. I gradually picked up all of their other albums and collected a number of singles and bootlegs, and I gotta say I like it all a lot. I've really enjoyed Forth as well, and I think it adds something to what they've already...
Presto - Magic LP. Amazing album of laid back hip hop with several tracks that are just relaxed beats. You can preview it on Amazon's mp3 store. Another album of his is Inflight Instrumentals, but I haven't heard all of that one yet. The Beta Band - The Three EP's. This has been my study album of choice for a couple of years now. Lots of great, chill songs (the first half of "B+A" in particular) that you can listen to without being distracted. Underworld -...
PC World's website has a good article about 15 free security/antivirus/anti-spyware programs that I linked to below. I use a Mac myself, but I recently installed XP using boot camp and I'm probably much more paranoid about security than your average Windows user. PC World - 15 Great, Free Security Programs
They're connected to the internet via an ethernet cable that plugs directly into the wall. I live in a fraternity house and our router is located in a separate electrical closet; I checked to see what brand it is, and it appears to be made by Cisco (I'm guessing it's the router because it was a big box with a ton of ethernet cables going to and from it). Thanks, DJ.
You're right, it could, but I just started thinking it could be some kind of interference this morning when the MacBook freaked out and I haven't yet had time to test it by moving them around. Before that, I was just convinced my PowerBook was a POS.
About three weeks ago, the screen on my 3.5 year old PowerBook G4 (15") started to distort. I've linked a picture at the bottom so you can see what it looks like, but it can kinda be compared to getting really bad TV reception with bunny ears. Given that I've had loads of trouble with my PowerBook ever since I got it even though it's been cared for impeccably, I decided to get a new MacBook this past Sunday because Apple Care has expired on the PowerBook. So I picked up...
Personally, I try to avoid buying music from iTunes or similar places as much as possible. The main reason for this is because of all the red tape that comes attached with the files you download (DRM and such). I bought a few tracks off iTunes when it first opened, and now they won't transfer to my iPod because I've had to re-install my OS a few times since then; this is because every time I reinstalled the OS, it thought my iPod was "new" and had to be authorized. It's...