Posts by hy fi

SOLD
I have a Bottlehead Crack for sale with extra tubes. I'm not the original owner but it sounds great and is very quiet.   Tubes:   Westinghouse 6080 RCA 6AS7G Bugle Boy ECC82 RCA Clear Top 12AU7A Electro Harmonix 12AU7A/ECC82   Please feel free to PM me or ask any questions, thanks.
I have a NOS Tung Sol 5998 tube for sale that I bought a few months ago from Skylab. I used it for about an hour in my Crack, it was dead silent in terms of harmonics/buzzing and sounded great but I'm in the process of letting go of some of my gear since I went from an office to a cubicle at work.   Please let me know if you have any questions and PM me if you are interested.   Paypal only please Shipping to CONUS only I'll pay for shipping
Bon Iver - Bon Iver Beck - Sea Change Bob Marley - Legend Radiohead - Kid A Radiohead - OK Computer     Anything by: Sade Jack Johnson John Mayer Ben Harper    
I just ordered Steely Dan Aja remastered in Nov 23, 1999. Anyone have experience with that one? I hope it is good. I must admit to automatically assuming that the remasters were typically improved upon vs. original versions. Maybe I should start another thread for people's opinions on specific CD's/Albums remastered releases. I was looking at The Doors remastered releases too.  
I have the Monitor 02 and Crack combo which I love with the HD 650's. I hear the HRT Music Streamer 2 has a better sounding dac than what I have so if I were in your position I would try that combo out (music streamer + Crack). The Crack sounds unbelievable for the price and it gives you a nice warm sound. You can also tube roll. My favorite combo so far is just an RCA 6AS7G and RCA clear tops which are not expensive.
I'm retarded
"Page not found" error.  
In my research on amps I see that people like the Crack with their T1's. I have the Crack for my 650's. In that price range you could do the Crack + Speedball and nicer tubes.
I have the Musiland Monitor 02 and I like that combo but I have not compared it to anything else. If I had your budget then I would consider the Schiit Bitfrost. I like the modular concept.