Posts by Snaques

I read your sig and can fully understand where you are coming from with your review.   I also read from your sig that you have a pair of UE700s. How do you like them? Propably quite different to IE8 at least. We have this crazy sale for them at 69€ (90$) and feel like I gotta give them a go as well.
Not that this will change anyones minds to one direction or another, but I just wanted to give a short update of my life with the IE8's.   I purchased mine in 2011 and was quite dissapointed with what I got. The build was bulky and the sound very bassy especially for rock and metal. Quite soon I got myself W2's and have been using them since.   Lately I've started listening more to different electronic stuff including dubstep and some more ambient stuff and...
Just to let people know, I did receive a new pair and I'm extremely happy with the service I received. Now I'm just hoping these will last a bit longer.   Funny thing, I haven't been a big believer in burning in headphones, but straight out of the package these actually are very bassy. I remember moaning about it when I first received them, but over the time I got used to it. However, now that this new pair is again too bassy/muddy for my taste I suppose I will have...
Hmm, I wonder why you didn't get them replaced by Shure? I sent mine back to the store and am hoping to get them replaced.   In my case the speaker is actually completely loose and only hanging by the the cable/cord used for driving it. The plastic part inside the hinge, that enables sliding adjustment of the headband, snapped an let the whole speaker loose.   If the replacement wont work, I would consider also buying another pair if I only could be confident that the...
I own a pair and I've been vey happy with them. I like that they are pretty good all rounders so I don't need number of phones for my PC. I have considered adding some Grados/Alessandros for rock, but other than that these have done the job just fine.   However, yesterday when I was about to start listening to them once again, one of the speakers broke off!  Has anyone experienced the same thing?   Mine have been in very gentle use at the computer and when you...
Just got mine yesterday and what a pleasant day it was. First of all, the comfort. I mean I loved the UM1s for this reason, but these seem even more comfy. I just couldn't imagine anything better. Perfect 10. Secondly, the sound was also a positive surprise. Coming from IE8s, I am missing some bass, but this was to be expected. This was actually exactly the same when I received the UM1s two years ago. It didn't take long before I got used to the their sound and with W2s...
Just ordered a pair from iHeadphones for £179. I used to own UM1's and loved them for their fit and balanced sound. Unfortunately one of the drivers went dead and I had to find a replacement. I decided to give IE8 a try, but even after almost 6 months I'm still waiting for the moment when they win me over. They are just too warm for my taste and have never fitted like the UM1's did. I hadn't followed the market that much lately and when I heard about W2, I couldn't...
I've had mine for about 6 months now and still find them a bit warm for my taste. I have to admit the fit isn't quite perfect for me so I have to test the cable staright down method. The problem here is that usually a better fit only increases the lows.
I also own and love both. As so many have said already, for rock go for MS-1, for general use (movies, gaming, electro, etc.) go for Shure. One thing I have to say tho is that as much as I like them, they both have their shortcomings. MS-1s are a bit awkward in movies and bass-heavy music while Shures just wont provide the raw sound you look for in rock. So I think the background info is pretty easy to provide. Choosing one over the other, not so much.
AKG 14 heal Sennheiser 35 Stax 24 HURT