or Connect

Posts by gordec

Surprising the IDSD -> LCD3 is liked the supped up desktop version of my portable rig Cowon P1 -> Westone ES60. The BurrBrown dacs in both DACs have similar sound signature which is thick and rich. Very enjoyable.
Cowon and AK are my favorite brands in terms of UI and design. IMO, all the full Android based DAPs suffer from UI because the companies haven't put in the effort to really make a seamless native audio app.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1248202&gclid=CjwKEAjwpfC5BRCT1sKW2qzwqE0SJABkKFKRB2oCJxEMHLndQHZ6X2Q9ihERBPt1uMHLKogUPZMsjhoC9ojw_wcB&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C52934714882%2C&Q=&A=details You can preorder the DPX1 for $800 now from B&H. I wonder if this is the US version.
​I found the original abstract and study done by Ambrose with Vanderbilt. There is another very technical paper published about the balloon which is based on ADEL. http://www.hearingreview.com/2011/06/a-voice-activated-inflatable-self-regulating-balloon-ear-coupler/ The technical aspect of it is way more complex than the description on the 1964 Ears's ADEL page. I'm doing more research on it now. They are not easy reading material for Friday night. I need to spend more...
Look, I'm not questioning ADEL line from SQ and price point. As matter of fact, it's priced really well compared to other CIEMs considering the additional  modules. I would love to chat with Stephen about the technology from an enthusiast's standpoint. My point is that ADEL is a intermediate between a fully open vent and no vent at all. It achieves what you are saying, not leaking the low range but still provide some openness to the sound. I'm just don't feel that it...
I'm not saying the soundstaging and 3D imaging are not real. As a matter of a fact, I know it's real. It's like a closed vs open headphones. ADEL basically makes the IEMs semi-open. I personally want A12 as the next CIEM. All manufacturers will color their product to a certain degree. I'm just trying to let the current and potential owners know what truly is happening here. However, it bothers me for 1964 Ears to state that ADEL is a new technology vs an application and...
As an ENT physician and audiophile, I have to say ADEL at heart is a modified vent. I think if you were to graph the effect of the different modules on a graph, it will dampen certain frequencies to different degree. To understand vent in a traditional hearing aid read this article http://www.hearingreview.com/2006/02/fitting-tips-how-do-vents-affect-hearing-aid-performance/​. Look at Figure 2. When you create a vent hole or any dampening affect on the IEM side, it always...
I can't imagine getting better sound than the P1 with ES60, but it just makes me wonder how different the ES60 will sound through PS's balanced out. Maybe I'll get a used one in 6 months or so. Just can't make my self spend over $1k right now on any portable audio gear. I wish cowon priced around low $1k range. I may have skipped the P1.
As a new owner of the Westone ES60, I'm thoroughly enjoying then. As the ES60 is TOTL for Westone with "only" 6 drivers per side, but now other companies are pushing the limits for the number of drivers they can fit, has anyone really looked at the quality of the BA Drivers used? Do most companies make BA drivers in house or are they out sourced? I just can't imagine getting much better SQ than the ES60, but I'm intrigued by the other 10+ driver offerings.
So the problem is the posterior canal portion of the ES60. I took it to my head audiologist, and she said with CIEM fit being too tight it's usually the back portion. Took her 5 min to fix it. That was easy enough. She also said when other CIEM clients have sent in their CIEMs to Westone, they tend to come back to loose. Good to know.