Posts by sling5s

It's got to look good as it sounds.  
KC06 has a tube amp like signature.  Warm euphonic mids and sparkly treble.  
Lyr 2 compared to the Lyr 1 is so much more detailed and transparent.  Love the improvement.   The only thing is, I think I liked the volume knob of the Lyr 1 better than the Lyr 2. Just a preference.
Lyr 2 compared to the Lyr 1 is so much more detailed and transparent.  Love the improvement.   The only thing is, I think I liked the volume knob of the Lyr 1 better than the Lyr 2. Just a preference.  
Had both.  Vali definitely by a long stretch. Vali is much more musical. By comparison, the O2 sounds flat, dry and sterile. 
Many thanks to the great customer service at Schiit Audio. Loving my Lyr 2 and Uber Bifrost.    Funny, had the one of the first Lyr and Bifrost.  Now they both are upgraded. Nice. 
I had  the very first LCD-2 rev.1 with Lyr for a long time.  Now that had bass.  Not lose or flabby but very dense and heavy bass impact. Now I have the LCD-2 Fazor with Lyr 2.  Both the LCD-2 and Lyr being revised makes a huge difference in the way the bass in presented now. It's a little more faster and lighter with better bass definition quality but much less bass quantity. 
I changed my tips and the sound signature did change.  The bass diminished.  But still not as tight as I want it.
It's coming  tomorrow.  I all ready expect that the meatiness in the sound, the heavy and denseness in the bass impact and thickness in the midrange will be gone.  I expect the Fazored LCD to have lighter, faster, tighter bass and thinner and cleaner midrange. But also expect to be so much more open, spacious and airer in the sound and soundstage.   I wish I could have the LCD-2.1 and LCD-2F. But can't afford both.     With these expectations, I'll see how they are...
Just placed an order for the Lyr 2.  I'm hoping: Lyr + Vali = Lyr 2. Vali microdyanamics and Lyr macrodynamics both togeter in Lyr 2.