Posts by khbaur330162

Copper/Aluminum foil of the 6-12um flavor typically adhered to (or vacuum vapor deposited onto) Mylar/Kapton of the 6-12um flavor. Then an etch mask is created somehow and everything but the circuit is etched away in an acid bath. That, or the manufacturer can selectively vacuum vapor deposit the Aluminum/Copper/Gold/what have you directly to the diaphragm substrate, very similar to how many manufacturers produce RFID antennas.
Make me an offer people!
Still in.
Thanks! I like how they turned out, too. All hand stitched. The lambskin is pretty delicate although I probably could get away with putting it through a sewing machine. I don't know my way around a sewing machine very well, though, it's hard for me to stick a half assembled pad under the clamp and then just have the machine stitch the circumference, stuff gets in the way. It's also important to note that these pieces of material don't always match up exactly, sometimes I...
BMF: You could get a pad that has an ID larger than 34mm and use a bass lens? And I agree, pads are ginormously important to the sound, down to the density of the foam you use, ime. It will be next to impossible to find replacement pads, imo, short of locating a pair of NOS HP/YH1000 pads (uhhh, yeah, ok) or, if you can sew, maybe tearing the stock pads apart and replacing just the material in question (which still won't be perfect). GL on the restoration.   Aaaand, "Why...
Original posting of the Zhaolu: http://www.head-fi.org/t/612389/oritek-zhaolu-d2-0-dac-excellent-condition Same condition, still with original packaging. If you're looking at this I'm guessing you know this is a nice, budget computer setup. Treated me very well in my home rig for about a year and a half, maybe, but I'm in the process of downsizing the rig in order to follow another facet of this hobby which requires funds. And the Zhaolu owner's...
I think it's cool both projects are going on. Honestly, I'd love the chance to A/B the two final products since they are so close in spirit. Will be following this.
Those headphones look sick! Anyway, do you have a soldering iron? I'd try to go in there and bypass the volume thingy, just wire her up and see if she sings. If the right driver is definitely blown... they used 40mm drivers. That means a pair of 40mm orthodynamic drivers could be a drop in replacement (in a perfect world), although whether that kind of driver can pressurize that sized ear chamber, Idk. It depends on the driver and just how big the ear chamber actually is,...