Posts by dBel84

John, if you had not counterposted on another forum with a smarmy remark, I might have thought your question was more honest and serious. Alex does not frequent the forums but I will allow you the benefit of the doubt and make him aware of your question. My assurance that the amps are safe will not cut it and thus I will have him explain why his safety precautions are better than any other stat amp DIY or commercial..dB
 The amp that failed was built by a highly respected member of another forum who was well acquainted with the amp and the build of the amp was exemplary. When it failed, he was preoccupied with other important matters and could not address the problem. I offered to help a friend in need and went looking where anyone with foresight into this amplifier would go , I used google to track down several reports of similar concerns and transformer failures. Please feel free to do...
Peter, your efforts were valiant and there are many who appreciate your time although by the context of your quote you may have considered the amp in current production and not one that has been discontinued. The LLmkII has been making the rounds on request and I believe it was very recently in Canada. I also wish everyones' intentions could be so pure but we would be naive to consider this the truth. You know where you can read what is really being said and your well...
I think Curra's comment on asking for objective evidence is perhaps the most level headed yet. So far there have been all sorts of subjective claims which I can dispute based on personal experiences but again merely subjective. This whole folly also brings Hitchen's Razor to mind " What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" 
 Alex has commented on this before. The Liquid Fire was his first amp and that was followed by the Liquid Lightning. He had not intended changing the design but after a lot of feedback and during development of the Liquid Glass, he decided to go with a different chassis design. The response to the LG chassis was extremely positive and thus when he came to do another run of the Liquid Lightning , he naturally opted to use the updated chassis design. As the amp essentially...
I never kept count but iirc it was 30. Most people who have heard it have been blown away by how good it sounds. I think I said this before but it pained me to admit to Alex that it left my beloved LG in its wake. I can see why they were "snapped" up so quickly. 
well someone is having fun with numbers then . I can assure you the LG is the same circuit - new board too as alex had to use a 4 layer board but the amp is the same amp as it was before. So don't be fooled. I will check in with Alex but LG owners have nothing to worry about , nothing is really changing - oh except for a little treat that will be dear to me. ( an easter egg as AC calls it ) 
  No MH is just being smarmy and forgot the sarcastic smiley.  No LG mk II , No LAu mkII LF will be a mark 2 but only after 4 - 5 runs of the first version and then mostly because of the new chassis design. LL was an upgraded chassis too and Alex decided to redesign the board which improved board capacitances - same amp but better and a new chassis . If you want to be a stickler, mark 2 because of new chassis , seeing as the circuit is the same . So no pattern just more...
regarding the Russian transducer - Drakkard posted these and others back in January the idea behind the suspended driver is for bass - you will see the primary magnet is for the coiled region and then there is an area that has open holes for what I can only assume is the low frequency response. His description was "Two words about the sound - driver is closed-back by itself, and gives pretty flat response without any additional damping. But the sound is closed and subject...
not sure how they can patent it but cool non the less  -  an excellent piece of sleuthing el ninjaro