Posts by dBel84

it is called refinement :) .    There is a lot that happens with product development, something might sound good but you have not yet explored all ideas and when the version that sounds best presents itself, you run with it. There were several version of the original LF before it moved from the test bench into the amp that so many people have enjoyed. This next evolution has taken a little longer than Alex had anticipated but many confounding events transpired that this...
yep, bass should be deep but very well balanced, i think you have too much pressure on the driver 
LOL  , those were some crazy YH100 experiments, not what I had in mind though..dB
hey bmf - seems my yh100 posts are buried too deeply for me to find too. I will be getting another one in soon , I will take pictures as I go  it is the thin stuff from michaels, not the self adhesive kind. the old felt from homeschooling will do the job perfectly. I tend to default to vintage felts ( it will be a sad day when the stash runs out ) 
Full details of my approach here http://www.head-fi.org/t/111193/orthodynamic-roundup/21750#post_9520153   ..dB
Got the XC yesterday , sadly I will not be coming down but perhaps someone else will have a pair at the meet to share. hope you all have a good time..dB
well done Nick, 1 out of 6 is a HUGE success. These are very cool portables, and this little driver was one of yamahas finest..dB
Take my comments with the necessary reserve. I will limit to the LG.    I have said this before but the attraction of the LG is the large SET like sound without having to buy a large SET amp. Right from the very early inception of this amp, its ability to accurately represent the tube sound  and create the illusion of listening to a well engineered SET amp has been its greatest attraction to me. The limiting factor of the amp is the gain which is set by the mu of the...
Seems Broskie liked it too  
 there are 3 output jacks 1 x 4 pin balanced2 x dual xlr/trs plugs - this is for left / right 3-pin balanced and also has the ability to take stereo TRS for single ended headphone connections.