Posts by dBel84

too late :D
I sent my AB1266 out on a joy ride for a few months and I can tell you that I really missed them. I sent out all my modern orthos and eventhough the vintage stock I have are pretty incredible, it is good to have the LCD3 and Abyss back again. The AB1266 just has a realism to the way it presents music that I have to remind myself not to look around for the source of the sound. One of the people who spent some time with them actually bought a pair himself which I think says...
Keeping this thread on track, congrats Alex. I had heard a very early prototype at RMAF but it has been through many revisions since that time and from what Alex has told me, this is an amp I have got to hear. He believes it may even swing me away from my love of planar magnetics :) , that will have to be seen to be believed.    This amp could have been given a new name as it is a different amp conceptually but I think keeping the Liquid Lightning name and...
 No , this would not be the case - differential balanced amplifier - noise cancellation benefits of the balanced output with quiet background in balanced mode. ..dB
 I owned both for a while and I would agree ( but some may say I am biased ) ..dB
Have a blast folk, sorry to miss this one..dB
that looks great , way to go Nick..dB
I suspect a Russian H-21C driver based in the name and appearance
They look like ATH OEMs, but we have seen dynamic drivers in such cups before. Are these planar magnetic? It is possible that dynamic refers to the driver being dynamic ( classic voice coil driver )   ..dB
good to hear that you have such a positive experience with the amp . My guess at the design is a simple ( and I like simple ) opamp gain stage with a push pull classA output stage. The power resistors on the output most likely attenuate the noise floor ( this is purely a function of high bias output stage ) . I am sure the engineers put a lot of R&D into the psu to keep the noise floor lower than an off the shelf SMTP supply. I have read some of work being done in this...