Posts by dBel84

You get to be the first to own a very cool piece of gear ..dB
Transformer can be wired either way , so it can e made to handle 240V ..dB
iQEM your memory serves you well. There were 2 BMF's in this thread - BlueMonkeyFlyer who is our ever vigilant modifier and measurement guru and Boilermaker Fan, who now spends more time on the farm. It can all merge a little after a while.    Looking forward to seeing some measurements on the 3 modded fostexen, have you already measured them in stock form BMF?   ..dB   Edit -- getting old
aaah no   I forgot to get back to you with a real answer - this is the silliest headphone   There are 2 screws on the outer baffle that hold the driver assembly like a pivot. Loosen these and the drivers will fall out as in the picture , I will see if I have any pictures saved for you .     Edit - found and sent, now lets see you work your magic
remove the screws
Alex will have to correct me but iirc it has an optical / coax and analogue input - multiport jobbie    ..dB
it has a dac 
too late :D
I sent my AB1266 out on a joy ride for a few months and I can tell you that I really missed them. I sent out all my modern orthos and eventhough the vintage stock I have are pretty incredible, it is good to have the LCD3 and Abyss back again. The AB1266 just has a realism to the way it presents music that I have to remind myself not to look around for the source of the sound. One of the people who spent some time with them actually bought a pair himself which I think says...
Keeping this thread on track, congrats Alex. I had heard a very early prototype at RMAF but it has been through many revisions since that time and from what Alex has told me, this is an amp I have got to hear. He believes it may even swing me away from my love of planar magnetics :) , that will have to be seen to be believed.    This amp could have been given a new name as it is a different amp conceptually but I think keeping the Liquid Lightning name and...