or Connect

Posts by dBel84

Excellent and congrats :) ..dB
There may be locally available conductive inks and there is no limit to what fun and opportunity this may evolve into ;)    if you do decide to ship, I would suggest just the driver membrane protected between 2 firm cards to limit bending and send it as a letter.    ..dB
Haven't been paying close attention to the thread. GREQ, do you have a millimeter to check resistance?   Your last thought above was spot on, the way I isolate the problem is to use a piece of pliable wire ( so that there is some spring/give to avoid damaging the driver) bend a mild curve in it and use that as the probe to find the problem. The foster driver have continuity from the outer silver band to the central pit on both sides and then the center connects to both...
  This is because it is a tube hybrid ;)  ..dB
That had been the evil plan but it looks like my mother in law is flying in for 2 weeks from Scotland , so not sure if I will be making it after all. If I do come down , I will be sure to bring a few things along.    ..dB
Thanks will give this a go when I get back to the office.
Quick question:   I relocated my office and had to unplug everything - for some reason the doodlebug is no longer recognized. I vaguely recall Fishki talking about a plug in sequence and recall having to go through a sequence back when I initially installed it but have tried every which set up and it doesn't seem to be recognizing.    the question - is there a sequence that generally works ?   thanks ..dB     was loving it for all this time , thanks TomB
Throwing my hat in too, hopefully the stars align..dB
I really need to make it down again to see you all. The June date always co-insides with my anniversary which would be a tough one to explain away but August seems fair game. Glad a good time was had by all.   ..dB
consider yourself a lucky man ;) ..dB