Posts by dBel84

F2D !! welcome back ..dB
 aaah you finally got your hands on one - congrats and excellent!! ..dB
I just got the other pre-production unit in , it is a seriously sexy little amp ( weighs more than it ought to too. Got a little surprise when I tried picking it up with 2 fingers ) looking forward to hearing it and will post a few thoughts.   ..dB
En_R is travelling so he might take a while to get back to the thread . I do not believe all is sold yet..dB
Then you need to try the real McCoy .. Mullard CV181..dB 
I am not clear on exactly what it is that you were looking for but Tube Depot has them in stock . For data sheets on most tubes I use Duncanamps as they link to many different resources. .dB
well fortunately he is a well established headfier and well known to many so these requests are more to keep the prices more reasonable for the buyer. En-R is one of the most trustworthy folk I have met in this hobby and yes, he does / did own all this gear..dB
Cantata and Liquid Gold is one of my favorite combinations. Enjoy ..dB
Yes it does and will :) ..dB
There is no simple answer to this :   Tube amps generally fall into the following OTC = output transformer coupled OTL = output transformerless  OCL = output capacitorless   I guess strictly speaking you could have any number of amps ( solid state and vacuum state ) fall into these categories. The problem is not every OTC amp sounds the same because there are several design elements which go into the amplifier itself and the various transformers impose a sound of...