or Connect

Posts by Wulvy

Yeah. I can't quite get over how it only happens sometimes. I love the sound of the NFB28 and as a balanced DAC/preamp/HP amp it's perfect for my needs so I'm set on getting this to work. Will email Kingwa then. I'll post again when it's been solved.
Yes exactly the same issue. As soon as it is plugged in "USB Device Not Recognised" comes up. Going into Device Manager it comes up as 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)'. Double clicking on this shows this is error 'Code 43'. Like I said this happens intermittently, like every 2 weeks or so. Roughly 13 days it's fine no issues. Suddenly this error comes up. Usually takes a day to fix itself. I've tried all of the things above to find and isolate the...
Desktop and laptop both Windows 8.1 x64
Should have mentioned I've reinstalled the drivers (it's funny - on the AGD website they use an outdated version of the amanero drivers. I've tried both clean installed). As it happens on my laptop and desktop I don't think it's a driver issue. Is there any guidance online on reflashing the latest firmware? Cheers.
My NFB-28 is having an intermittent "USB Device Not Recognized" issue. It is one of the newer versions with the Amanero interface. I've tried different power cables, USB cables, USB ports and different computers. Other inputs work as normal. It appears the Amanero USB interface isn't starting correctly - no amount of resets fix it... but usually if this happens it works fine the next day after a long time powered off. Unfortunately this flared up again yesterday and is...
^ All the ES9018 DAC's say "upgrade to TCXO clock since 21st February" on their product pages (well the NFB7 is the only current product with the ES9018, the others all said it before they were discontinued). So the Digital Interface isn't the only unit with an upgradeable TCXO. I just paid for a new TCXO for my NFB10ES, as I got one of the first units... Now I'm a little worried. Can't find my allan key set at the moment to see whether I have the same one in the...
Only do this if you are suffering from space limitations because you are lowering the sound quality of your whole library as ClieOS has pointed out. On better sound gear you probably could hear the difference.   If you must transcode, it would probably be less harmful and more space saving to encode to a VBR mp3.
325i's were but no longer own them.
Behringer Truth B3030A's  are 165 each on Amazon. They're active studio monitors so you can use them direct out of out your NFB5 and don't need to worry about an amplifier. You will need a RCA to 1/4" adapters or cables (they only take 1/4" or XLR). I'm running their bigger brother (the B3031A) with a NFB10 and I'm very very impressed. Sound better than my HD650s for sure.   Pro audio gear dominates home theater stuff value for money wise IMO.   Edit -...
FWIW - I was looking into getting a Nationite S:Flo2 and found a couple of reviews on here. Apparently the SQ is very good but it suffers from a terrible UI. Hopefully a software update can fix it.