Posts by Philou

Here in France, only the silver is shown on the website, but both version are available in the actual stores
I saw this survey, and did it, but coud not wait for the results ! If I were to be the winner, there would be an Amperior to sale at a special Head Fi price ;-)   Unfortunately, I won't be able to compare the Amperior with the HD-25 that I never heard !   The isolation is good (certainly not a dealbreaker as far as I'm concerned), just a bit less than the Westone 2 IEMs, something that I expected indeed I guess it is similar to HD-25 with velours pad, so...
Now that both of you have finished your dispute and are having a beer together, back to the amperior   I went to the apple store and bought a pair of silver amperiors !   It is a bit early for an in depth review (and I'm afraid I'm not experienced enough for that)   But after only a few hours my first impressions :   Direct from my IPod Nano 6G, compared to my Westone 2, sound quality is better, bass more present, isolation a bit worse, sound level a bit...
Different drivers : different impedance, said to be better fitted to portable sources, unknown difference in sound quality Different cups : aluminium made, different damping cavities, said to enhance sound quality Different cable : apple device remote and unknown SQ difference (the HD-25 don't seem to be acclaimed for this, as far as one might believe in cable SQ) Different pads : seems to be close to the velours ones of the HD-25 (or maybe the same ?) So what...
Breaking News : Sennheiser is reducing the price gap between the HD-25 and the Amperior   Unfortunately not the right way :-(((   The HD-25 prices has just been raised by approx. 20€ at several french & european resellers I could check   The basic edition goes from around 150/160€ to 177€ And the classic editions from around 170/180€ to 198€
They are available here in Paris, France in the Apple Store both in Blue and Silver for 300€ They were not on display though, and I had no time to wait for a man in blue to be available and ask for a demo I will certainly come back one of these evening and ask if it is possible to try them   I am looking for a closed HP with good isolation for use in the public transportation with an IPod Nano 6G (no amp) I was interested in the standard HD25, not sure that the...
No irritations yet, but I just did this today, so wait and see...
Hello, i've just made a little trick to get rid of the terrible microphonics with my beloved CX-300 The point is to avoid the wires transmitting the vibrations to the ear buds themselves The best thing to do so is to have the wires in contact to your skin so that it dampers the vibrations So first thing I did was to route the wires up first then around the ears so that it is in contact with the skin between the ears and the skull very close to the ear buds (some...
I bought a Grado SR225 from Manuel and everything went fine He accepted to postpone the shipping as I was in holidays and even tried to call me on my mobile phone to tell he was a few days late from the date I asked him to ship it Very nice guy, this was my first deal with an Headfier, and I would deal again with him and recommend him to anyone
Very interested You got Private Mail