Posts by chadbang

Oh, I don't dare do it myself. I've killed two ipods just doing the battery and the headphone jack.
I want to pick up a refurbished iPod off ebay. I like the sound on the old 5th gen video ipods. There are a couple sellers who deal in refurbishing them. One person sells tradition hard drive model (120gb) and another sells flash drive converted models (also 120gb). I seem to remember some people having problems connecting and syncing ipods after converting them to flash drives. Is this still the case? Has technology improved in the last couple years or should I stick with...
I finally got to listen to both the on-ear and over-ear version. I didn't realize I had a local "Magnolia" Best Buy and these Senns were on display (albeit with the crappiest audition amplifier and music I've ever heard, way too bright. Luckily you could bypass their system and just use your iPhone with some real tracks). So I went back and forth for an hour. If you're looking for a punchy, bassy can, the On-ear (smaller version) has more bass and, consequently, a fatter...
 For sale is a pair of Sennheiser HD650 headphones. These are about 7 or 8 years old, they are the later iteration with the silver drivers that fixed the midbass hump. The phones are mechanically solid and sound great, but they suffer the chipping of paint on the carbon fiber headband that all HD650s develop. This is a cosmetic thing and doesn't affect performance with is otherwise fantastic. One of the plugs into the headband is a little bit loose (probably from age) but...
I've bought from Razor Dog. He's a good, trustworthy seller. My guess is the "instant rebate" is actually him just knocking some money off the price.
This is one of those internet search black holes where you will NEVER find a consensus on which brand is best. I've been down that road several times and it's almost a pointless search!  Toshiba, Western digital and Seagate. Take your pick. All good.
  DUNCAN?!   Wow, the undisputed master of the portable cd player!!! How completely trippy to see that name again. Wow, Duncan, the month upon month I spent doggedly reading your threads for inspiration. Which iron tank Sony REALLY had the best sound? Nevermind if it ate AAs like peanuts, it's the sound we're chasing here. I bet half the current members would say "PORTABLE cd player? Really? What did you do with those?" :)
  It's been so long, I'd forgotten what Qualia look like. Checked out some photos on Google. BEAUTIFUL. One of the ultimate industrial designs.
  It's the future, man. I still regret not buying one of those Final Fantasy watches when I had a chance.  
"This whole "bigger is better" message to the general public is very misleading...and I think it's going to come back and bite the music industry in the ass if they don't start delivering a clear, true, and balanced description of the real problem." This wholesale jump onto the hi-rez bandwagon by the industry is little more than the execs looking for a new way to sell the same old music. They made us buy our favorite movies over and over again, working video sales to...