Posts by kojebee

The latest product I am aware of is the High Fidelity TD384 using the ES9018K2M chip for D\A conversion. 32bit/384KHz pcb DSD. Bluetooth compatibilty. It's currently available for 548,000 won in Korea. Seems a very reasonable price for the tech on offer.
Spot on review. I find that it has better imaging, soundstage and tames a touch of sibilance, whilst comparing it to my Marantz PM5004\Styleaudio Carat HD1V combination. I've been happy with the LA200. I picked it up for 356,000 won here in korea. Great value! I have to turn my volume up high when using my AKG Q701 headphones, but it's fine. Pink Floyd's Echoes was just fine! Electronica is enjoyable using my JVC Victor DX700. For speakers, I use computer-LA-200-Tag...
Narmoo S1 has impressed me with an enjoyable balanced sound, great build quality and fine accessories. I am impressed with what can be bought for less than $50.
Stronger bass than the ACS T15, as can possibly be expected, but to my ears, the bass has more texture on the ACS T15. Both have very good clarity at their price points. Both provide a clean sound. The Samsung's seem midrange to lower high end focused. The ACS has a touch more warmth, but not a lot in it. The JVC phones has better bass quality, but instrument separation is better with the Samsungs. Sound stage is wider on the Samsung phones. The JVCs sound more 'musical'...
Less isolation than the ACS T15, arguably similar to the JVC HA-FXD80. That's all I can compare them to. Light weight earphones. Quite comfortable with the right eartips.
Styleaudio Carat HD1V Head-direct EF1 JVC VIctor HP-DX700 Prodigy Cube as a back up.
I had a problem similar to that. I did everything i could think of, changed headphones, amps, dacs, computers, chenged ports, used different plug sockets etc. It drove me nuts. Strangely imo, when I changed the cables between the dac and headphone amp, the problem disappeared.
http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=457598082   Shipping fees, before any customs fees http://english.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/neo_help/international_shipping_info.asp   It seems the JVC HA DX-2000 can be bought through gmarket (global version) in korea. They look good! I don't know about any sound differences with the DX1000 though. I bought DX700, as I have a limited budget (got them for $497 equivalent through pricejapan, had to wait a...
Hi,   I'm looking to upgrade my Kenwood KH K1000 closed headphones with a budget of around $800 or less. My Kenwood phones are pretty beaten up nowadays and fancy a slight upgrade.   I am looking for closed headphones (apartment living, six lanes of traffic outside, baby....) for electronica mostly, with some Led Zep, Pink Floyd, and some classical on occasions.   I've come across JVC Victor DX700, Audio Technica ATH W1000X, Fostex TH600, PSB M4U.... whilst...