Posts by gates_2

Up for sale, a 5687-based tube preamplifier, along with three different sets of tubes. The tubes themselves have quite a bit of value for this price. It is a fantastic preamp I have been using with my Firstwatt F2 clone for several years now with a fostex single-driver speaker setup. Here is the original description: "It's wired entirely P2P except for the filament regulator board. It's actually a two chassis affair: The power supply chassis consists of a radioshack...
Yea who knows, fed up and scrapping it on the sale forums for parts.  
Getting out of DIY as starting medical residency soon. All items are new and unused unless otherwise specified. I've had these items for a long time (as far back as 2006) sitting in my work drawers and all were acquired via legit means (no fake op-amps from ebay)   Shipping will be a flat $2.99 USPS first class no matter how much or how little you buy.     BC550 X5 (for B-22 build) and BC 560 X6 (for B-22 build)- unused $FREE with your order if you want...
Objective 2 amp that was working fine, then suddenly quit on me one day. No explanation. Tried everything I know and can't get it working. Sold As-is for parts. This would be good for someone looking for a cheap case and power supply solution   Included are the amp in the case(missing front screws)   extra op-amps (pulled from amp) Extra mos-fets 2 Triad power supplies, both in good working condition WAU-12-200(originally recommended) WAU-16-400 (16V AC...
Have the original AKG K1000 rainbow cable that connects the headphones to an amps speaker terminals. Also have a 4 pin neutrik to RCA cable to allow the stock K1000 to be connected to RCA outputs. $OLD including paypal and shipping to Continental US. Contact for international!
Well, I was enjoying my O2, I gave it to a friend, but he said he couldn't get it to work.   Cue frustration.   On further review one of the 9V batteries looks somewhat deformed. Not sure if it was an internal battery issue or an amp-charging issue.   The amp lights up when plugged in, but no sound whatsoever. I thought it must be the MOSFET's. Replaced those, no dice. Only reading 12V between the battery terminals with an 18V AC supply line.   Replaced...
Wow- what a wonderful offering. Thrice does fantastic work...if only I had the $$...I don't believe there is another amplifier that sounds as good for under $1K. Best of luck! This should sell quickly.
A fantastic sounding amp built with stock gain settings. Very happy with the sound. Includes 2x 200MaH Tenergy batteries and the recommended triad wall-wart power supply. PM with any questions. Free shipping in continental US
If anyone is interested in trying this amp, I threw one of my complete O2's up for sale here on Head-Fi (I built 2)
Just finished this up. Sounds fantastic, all stock settings as specified. Lots of archived feedback here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/190118/gates-2   I drilled the front panel myself. If you want a more "pro" look you can purchase the "front panel express" panels that should be in at jdslabs by the end of the month and change it out. See here: http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=O2FP I think it looks pretty sharp as it is.   Inside are two brand-new tenergy...