Posts by daveDerek

i probably should know this but i can't come up with it right now. what are 'ob/h' frames?
  and more often than not the reason the cable is chosen is dictated by cost, then marketing and styling, rather than engineering or audio considerations, i'd hazard to speculate.
    thanks for posting this nice little write-up, Roma. the comparisons with other cans, especially long time stds such as the hd25, and stratifying them as you do, gives useful info about their sound signatures, and where they stand relative to other similar devices. perhaps you can also comment on the sony mdr z1000, a can that was very popular not long ago but seems to have, in typical head-fi fashion, been forgotten about as other things appear on the scene.
  yup, it might cost you a bunch to attend. but it might also save you a small fortune in buying and trying different things. and it'll be a blast! it can be a great vacation, especially if you have a little time to spend checking out the nearby natural beauty, like rocky mountain national park.
    some folks cannot stand objects in their ears. others either adapt or have little or no problem with it. for some, ciems by far do the best disappearing act.
    i'm almost afraid to ask, given the obscene prices Wiktor asks for orphs & their amps, but i will anyway. how much does he want for these stands?
for those who have no problem sticking things in their ears, there's nothing like properly fitting custom iems.   for over ear cans, woody grados with bagel pads ala gs1000 or ms1000, are very light and don't put much pressure anywhere.
  well none of the business are non-profits or charities  . yamaha does have a serious history as a manufacturer of both fine musical instruments as well as some pretty good hifi gear. some of their stuff back in the '70s & '80s (headphones, tts, spkrs, electronics) while not state of the art, was very nice!
  if this is to be used in a small bedroom he may want to reconsider the whole subwoofer thing. small speakers can often be surprisingly satisfying, especially in a small space. and true deep bass can be the quickest way to muck up sound. consider looking for some nice small monitors with a decent vintagey receiver with a phono stage.
  great avatar, from a great album!  so how does it sound on yer koss vs yer senns? only 2 relatively inexpensive phones so far?  keep hangin' around here - this place will flatten yer wallet eventually.....