Posts by daveDerek

you may be better off looking for a nice set of cd3000s, which could be had for roughly $500 or so. they're kind of like a set of baby r10s, with that sort of sound and feel to them, and if anything happened to them at ~8% of the cost of r10s it wouldn't be nearly such a bitter pill to swallow. my 2 cents on the leatherheads is that they're one of the most overpriced and overrated phones out there. the jvc dx1000 is less expensive and both a better phone as well as a...
very punny, wuwhere.  what the heck are these speakers?
i've owned both, although it's been a long time since i had those ultrasones. my recollection is that of the 4 ultrasones i owned i liked them the least/disliked them the most. iirc the treble was on the annoying side. my dennon d2ks are not stock. the original owner recabled them and i do not experience the sloppy bass that some have complained about with the stockers. they do roll off a bit at the frequency extremes, but i find them to be a very relaxing phone to...
  oh my, is this really the best place for that?!? http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/detection/PSA
  or maybe you could put them up for sale in the forum here and sell them much sooner...... that would also allow you to just focus on enjoying the show!
  Steve, what type of failures did you experience? i thought they se535s supposed to be pretty tough and that this edition solved the cables problems associated with earlier iterations.
sorry i couldn't join in the festivities, but family duties won out. it looks like a really nice gathering. really nice pix too (well you are a pro after all) - great job, Lee! nice to see a bunch of familiar faces and some unfamiliar ones too. what was the turn out like - about a dozen or so?        is that (bifrost) schiit really so hot?         that is NOT the head-fi way!            well apparently paul ryan would disagree..... 
  did you ever actually hear them?
are they overly bassy?
hopefully this isn't out of bounds of your fs thread, but how is this done, where, by whom?   and to anyone looking at this ad, this baby stax is a remarkable unit, one of the best value systems (as it's a phone and amp) with gorgeous and very smooth sound. it's one of the very few pieces that there's near universal agreement about it's wonderful sound. a few years back, when these were much more discussed and visible on head-fi, the sound was never trashed. some...