Posts by daveDerek

happy bday Tom. i hope to join in the meet festivities.
i thought i'd signed up for this as i always have, but apparently not. anyway, count me in. look forward to seeing many friends, old and new, there.
are these the same phone in two different finishes?  how much are they?   when will they be available?
Aaron has been kind enough to bring this amp to some of the famous NY H-f meets and everyone who listened to it was impressed.  Aaron is as careful with his gear as anyone around here, and those who've purchased from him have had fine experiences.  
since the cost isn't an issue go for the lcd 3 as it will likely make you a happier camper. it sounds better, looks better, and feels better imo. can you get to a good meet and hear some of the more recent toys? you can get a better idea of what's out there and what tickles your fancy.  besides, they're a lot of fun.  btw, what are the speakers that you mentioned?
i hope to attend. thanks for organizing yet another meet, Tom!
Please sign me up, Pras. This is a very generous and kind thing for you to do.  
there are threads that cover both the topics of aftermarket cabling for audezes as well as comparisons & pros & cons of lcd 2 vs 3. search and (with a little luck) ye shall find.  ;-)
i'm surprised no one has yet mentioned david mahler, especially in light of his recent massive top tier cans rankings thread. and joker with his incredible running ratings of portable cans and iems!   while my collection may not have the focus, value, or depth of some of the gear heads already mentioned, my collection has north of 75 phones currently, and i've sold scores of others. i really do need to thin the herd.....   i think that would be Wertherdvx, rather than...
wow, i haven't checked in to this thread in quite a while. i'd love to post pix of my beautiful v3 zebra wood darths with champagne beyer leather pads but i don't seem able to get them in here :-(