Posts by lecky

Looks like you found something really good.   I have some super cheap headphones of a very similar design that with some modding are really very good indeed. I suspect that they may be variations from the same factory. The ones you have seem to be a big improvement on mine as a base, for instance the backs seem a lot more open on yours.   If you're OK to reduce the bass a little and give it a lot more control and at the same time make the soundstage larger then...
I think shigzeo is right about the slight upper mid smear, and about the bass too.
I should add that the comfort of these is good for me too. The arm limits the depth that they can go in your ear and I imagine that may prove to be a problem for some , but for me not a problem at all.   Edit, I have the M2s somewhere which I can dig out I think.
I got my review sample yesterday.   I want to listen for a while and familiarise myself properly with them, and compare them with other earphones and headphones, and see if any significant burn in effect is evident before writing anything too much, but with 12 hours or so of white noise and a few hours of casual listening to various music I can say that I like these a lot already.   The general character is organic and smooth. At this point listening I can hear...
That's fantastic - amazingly quick! Thanks ujamerstand. I'll drill conservatively here with the drill-press and I can always open the holes up a bit when I get home...   Thanks!   So to be clear - that's 8.1mm centre to centre, right? (lets call it 8mm among friends...)
Excuse the duplicate post from the ortho thread, but I need a bit of information today.     I wonder if anyone can help me...   I'm at my father's home turning cups and baffles for my Thunderpants, but stupidly I didn't bring the T50RPs with me. I need to know the distance between the copper tubes of the headband (center to center) and if possible the diameter of the tubes to that I can make wooden fittings for the headband.   Hopefully someone has this...
I wonder if anyone can help me...   I'm at my father's home turning cups and baffles for my Thunderpants, but stupidly I didn't bring the T50RPs with me. I need to know the distance between the copper tubes of the headband (center to center) and if possible the diameter of the tubes to that I can make wooden fittings for the headband.   Hopefully someone has this info to hand...!   Lecky.  
It was great to hear so many fabulous headphones.   For me with the gear on the day the LCD-2 was by far the best headphone there, including the O2, which didn't bring it's reputed magic to the table (but undoubtedly with far from the best gear driving it). I wouldn't say I like the Sigma pros more than the Aiwas, rather I like them about equally - both very good and neither could touch the LCD-2, although with O2 pads on the LCD-2 it is quite similar to the Aiwas... I...
Kabeer, what I have is attached to my ridiculously-cheep-but-stupidly-good-considering dynamic (I know, boo - hiss) headphones of which I spoke to you. You'll hear them.
Hi Kabeer, I got a sheet of medium copper mesh from these guys:   http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MeshCompany   They seem to not have it in stock now but I'm using it for cups, it's very acoustically transparent, but a bit on the soft side, it can be cut easily with scissors and molded on a former to make proper cups if you like, perhaps there's another option there that would be as transparent and be more rigid (and more in stock).