Posts by lecky

Glad you're enjoying them more. I didn't spend too long with the supplied tips. They are tip sensitive, and some people prefer double flange tips, they're still just a little bit treble hot for me with them, but everyone's ears and sensibilities are different so it's worth playing around with some tips to see if you can get a sound you enjoy even more. 
It was my impression that they did settle down with some hours on them. Perhaps more pointedly in my experience they really benefit from comply tips, which bring the treble to a really nice spot.
I listened to some frequency sweeps as soon as I found tips which seal properly, and found that the treble sounds distinctly quieter above about 4500Hz, with a little spike at 6kHz which doesn't seem to go louder than the level below 4.5kHz. But below 4.5K it sounds very flat to me all the way down.   The difference between then and 15 hours of burn in, is that there were also some little jitters of volume through the higher end of the sweep initially which seem to have...
Thanks to those who have added to this thread, I've got some B3 Pro-1s today. It took a little time to get a good seal fitted shallow with some wide-nozzled tips, but I've found some that work for me. They play very nicely indeed with my ibasso DX90. Listening now to Cheskey's binaural album, and it's fantastic with this setup, the bass of the organ in Mozart's Ave Verum is in no way missing. Look forward to hearing how they change with some hours on them.
I'm afraid that isolation is generally poor on these, so although complys help a little, it's still far from excellent.
Yes, I do, absolutely. They're really excellent for this kind of music, with the proviso that there's a slight peak in the treble with the supplied tips, but which is flattened out pretty perfectly with complies or equivalent. I think I would have found that slight peakiness a problem if I hadn't found the solution. So if you get them it's worth considering that you'll need to change tips to get the best out of them.
so far so good for the connectors on mine.
I'm really happy with my TE-05s with my iBasso DX90. They did have a bit of a raise in the treble, but with some blue x-trillion branded comply copies I got in a street market in HK the treble is flattened and the bass very subtly improved, still essentially a flat response as tested with some frequency sweeps. There's more of an airy presentation with the comply copies too, I think helped by the shallow insertion that gives a good seal with these tips. I'd been using...
$13 - that's outrageously cheap. I still much prefer these to my RE-0, they're more balanced in their presentation and more comfortable. There is sibilance on an ipod at full volume, but never at lower volumes and not when they're amped adequately, if you're happy (as I am) to accept this limit to their use, they'll reward, and would do so at a much higher price then they originally were, let alone at $13. I fear that the cheaper they get though, the more they're likely...
The new Beta is really not like the M2.