Posts by boomana

I have Grado HF2s, and woodied 225s. I like the 225s as fun phones and they come with a friendship/gift value that makes them more enjoyable when listening, but HF2s are decidedly better for sq. There are only about 100 HF2s left, and if there are any remaining by July 31, that's still the cut-off date for ordering. I've only heard the RS2s on a couple of occasions and not for at least a year, so I leave that comparison for others.
Quote: Originally Posted by takezo highly sought after? yeah, what a killing that's gonna be... it seems there are more collectors than audiophiles around here... Which makes me even happier that the first 20 people aren't collectors, but got HF2 solely because they love good sound. We also weren't at CanJam collecting headphones, but were there to celebrate friendships in the community, and help organize or volunteer at the meet. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by antonyfirst Hiss? Pretty much what I'm thinking.
Quote: Originally Posted by krmathis This sucks! That makes only 20-something HF-2s the way they were meant to be (HEAD-FI HF-2). Those lucky ones who attended CanJam '09. Would not surprise me if these become highly sought after... But knowing the people who have them, I doubt any of us plan on selling them, not because they're rare or special, but because they sound really really good. Quote: Oh well, no HF-2 for me then. Cause I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Old Pa Yeah, sure, you can grin, but it puts a whole new spin on "squeeze, don't jerk", doesn't it? I need that grip.
Nice photos, and beautiful workmanship. The Senn woodied grills are really unique, but do they protect?
Rather than the engraving, which is what it is and people can choose to buy or not, folks should really pay attention to the rest of Todd's announcement that the cut-off date is July 31st and that there will only be 500 made. These have become my go-to headphones since returning from CanJam, and I have some nice headphones. I wouldn't want anyone to miss out if they were considering getting them. Also, note that anyone who has ordered needs to confirm that order with...
Quote: Originally Posted by bba1973 If you guys are going to argue with each other, stick with PMs. I'm trying to do important research. I completely agree. Disagreements are one thing, but back-and-forth OT personal battles are another. I've tidied up this thread a bit in hopes that it can now stay on-topic. bba1973, I know you're cost conscious, which is a good thing, but I'd make sure you're buying from an authorized dealer. Just because...
Quote: Originally Posted by Old Pa The grip on an HP-35 with Pachmayrs was described to me decades ago as, well, holding onto yourself. Now you know.
So this is headphone gear related, but since there's not really a forum to talk about complete systems, I thought I'd drop this into the members' lounge. I've been lucky in that I've able to own a range of headphones and gear, and have been luckier to have heard a lot more (get to meets, people, if you can). Though I have some rather high-end stuff, I often find myself listening to something "lesser" and thinking, "Damn, this is really good. I could be happy with...