or Connect

Posts by boomana

Quote: Originally Posted by bba1973 If you guys are going to argue with each other, stick with PMs. I'm trying to do important research. I completely agree. Disagreements are one thing, but back-and-forth OT personal battles are another. I've tidied up this thread a bit in hopes that it can now stay on-topic. bba1973, I know you're cost conscious, which is a good thing, but I'd make sure you're buying from an authorized dealer. Just because...
Quote: Originally Posted by Old Pa The grip on an HP-35 with Pachmayrs was described to me decades ago as, well, holding onto yourself. Now you know.
So this is headphone gear related, but since there's not really a forum to talk about complete systems, I thought I'd drop this into the members' lounge. I've been lucky in that I've able to own a range of headphones and gear, and have been luckier to have heard a lot more (get to meets, people, if you can). Though I have some rather high-end stuff, I often find myself listening to something "lesser" and thinking, "Damn, this is really good. I could be happy with...
Quote: Originally Posted by intoflatlines Anyone in the Chicago suburbs willing to help me out with getting started with guns? I am applying for a FOID soon and will be moving out of Chicago in a couple weeks. I did some shooting in Boy Scouts back in the day, but only with .22 rifles and 12 ga shotguns. I'm looking to get into handguns. Of course, I will be taking maintenance/safety classes before I make any serious decisions. Fun. Fun. Okay,...
Brestinder, you might want to start a new thread in the headphone forum for that question. It will likely not get answered in this thread or this forum, and you'll have a better chance at answers by starting a new thread.
I owned both stock and modded K340s and no portable amp will drive them even semi-well, and many desktop amps struggle. A good budget choice is the Darkvoice 336, which I believe can still be purchased for around $300 or less. I also liked the 340s with a Heed CanAmp, which is a bit pricier, but you might be able to find one used, saving some money. Though I've no experience in this area, I believe some folks awhile back got lucky with using the headphone out of some...
I have owned a few portable amps, and enjoy messing around with them. With some iems, you can notice small improvements in sq, but in environments where I choose to use iems (walking around, gym, airplanes, waiting rooms, etc) rather than fullsize headphones, there's significant background noise, I'm usually engaged in another activity other than just listening, etc., and it's not worth it to me to carry around an amp for that little bit of extra sq I won't even be...
How is she sending it? Hopefully not the slowest choice, since you paid for shipping one month ago, and paid for the amp 8 (?) months ago.
Guys, if you ever wonder why more females don't bother participating in this site, you're showing us the reason in the last few pages of this thread. Knock it off.
I sold my first pair of good headphones a long time ago, but I still remember them.