Posts by jkstraw79

PaPiro----  I second that for some really high quality Supertramp maybe Crime & Breakfast and Floyd with some Zeppelin all, A MUST!!   I like spinning vinyl and CD but the quality from the HD Tracks is wonderful. Try Rumors Fleetwood Mac. It's a good one too.
If you pick up The Dead's American Beauty You'll notice for SURE.....granted, you have to have decent audio equipment! Im running mine off my macbook pro->PreampParasound P5 w/DAC->Balanced Audio TechnologyVK55 tube amp-->NAD1050-> Audeze LCD XC and/or out to my Magnepan 1.6 w/o NAD or headphones.   Sounds sooooooo sweet!!!!!       Best
Per the Oppo Site:   Expected Availability: June 2014 Expected Price: $699 The OPPO PM-2 Planar Magnetic headphone offers a different way of thinking about planar magnetic technology. The PM-2 is characterized by its natural, dynamic, and engaging sound quality with an emphasis on comfort and reduced weight. It is the result of many years of research led by a team comprised of passionate audio and acoustics engineers, chemical and materials scientists, and audiophiles....
Why buy the PM1 at that price when the PM2 is coming out in June with a price tag around $700? What am I missing?
As a newbie here coming from; Parasond P5 Balanced Audio Tech VK55 power tubes Vienna Acoustics, NAD 1050 DAC, Arcam Preamp Parasound A21, rcam rDAC and D-Sonic 1200 wpc power amp into Gunned Magnepan 1.6's I purchased my first headphones Beyers DT AE 770s with NDA DAC and Bellari amp with 5 different tubes Tun Sol golds my fave so far. unfortunately I get Parasound, Classe, B&K, Arcam, Marantz, Rotel, monitor, REL, KEF and a few other that I can get for cost. No good cans...