or Connect

Posts by music4cities

Thing about the high ohm dt880 is that it's so damn comfortable ans sounds so smooth on good sources it's jarring when your playlist hits a badly mastered recording. Sounds like you blew the phones all of sudden!
Sorry about that.....
Lol. You are right. What was I thinking? I was just looking for a bit of advice on USB noise/interference from other things on the bus.
Loving mine after six months. First time I ever have found that overall tonal balance right when using a laptop (with external amp) without any eq. Yes they will reveal sibilence and/or shortcomings in recording/mastering or compression in the higher frequencies, and that can be "annoying". But I'm not going to literally cover that up with extra foam.
I got some useful advice on cans from this site but then I opened the cables sub forum and my head exploded because I had not reached operating thetan level 13 and the galactic overlord Tom Travolta used telekinetic force powers. I was not ready for the truth! And was thus duly warned because I disagreed premise of a couple postings on audiophile USB cables and was warned that no dissent is allowed. Or reason. Kind of depressing. Not so much because I have a problem with...
My e12 works well with the dt880 600 ohm and I have read other posts that agree, in spite of what the box says. but I do not know about the e18. you might be pushing a lower powered amp which might affect sq and/or put strain on the amp. 
the metal "ears" on the premiums defiantly have a purpose, albeit i have not idea how significant. if you flex the headband, pulling the can away from each other, you  will see that they are designed to push back onto the band. This might relieve strain at the joint between the band the can bracket, relieving strain on the plastic. I have not taken them apart to see. It might also help with clamping pressure when at maximum size, perhaps normalizing fit across a greater...
BbOO, Sounds like its time to upgrade to the 600ohm or start rolling tubes ;-). Kidding. I've never have a tube amp and you seem like an expert. I'm pretty happy with my dt 880 performance with classical, especially orchestral. Don't know if it has anything do with the 600ohm vs 250ohm, dac and or amp, or just taste. It's not lush -- the senn phones I have tried are more lush perhaps but at a cost of clarity. But the dt880 seem very expansive and clear. Very smooth,...
Hi everyone. New to the forum as I just bought at dt880 at 600ohm premium. Why hold back ? Seriously found a decent price and as they are used In one place the power demands are not an issue for me and I wanted the best sound most comfortable set I could get (after suffering with grado outer ear pain, iem middle ear pain, etc) and i understand the clamping force is lighter on the premiums. I don't intend to use these on the go. y decision was informed in part on the info...
the fiio e12 I have is fantastic for portable or desktop use (see note above); no DAC in that model but the amp section drives the 600ohm extremely well. I use a Schiit Modi DAC when I am parked, and just the on board DACs when mobile. I have Mac/apple stuff and the onboard DACS are good enough for such use. But I don't really take the DT880s around very much...I have smaller headphones for that use.