Posts by Sentient808

Like if you check out Intergalactic by Beastie Boys, there's these low sub-kicks happening all throughout the verse and it feels like the fundamental is getting lost (or is very quiet at least) on my Sony's.   
Hi,   Can anyone who owns a pair of DT 880 Pro's (250 ohm preferably) tell me how the sub bass quality is?  Sub-bass quality of course being relative (these are headphones afterall and not a near field system with a sub woofer), but I want to know if frequencies like 40hz and below come across at all on these cans.  I know the DT 770's are supposed to be the much bass heavier phones, but the more neutral response of the 880's interests me for mix referencing purposes. ...
Great, thanks! I also emailed Beyer and they replied saying that both the 80 and 250 ohm versions should be fine on my device. I asked Guitar Center and the only way I could try the headphones is if I buy them, so I might just have to take the risk blindly.I'm an audio engineer for a living so getting the best quality I can (either in the 80 or 250) with my setup is ideal, but it seems like I might not be able to A/B them without paying a price and selling one of the...
Great information, thanks.  The only info I have right now on my MOTU interface is that the output specs are 30 ohms and 200 miliwatts.  For the DT-770 Pro headphones, the applicable specs I could find were: Nominal impedance acc. to IEC 60268-7: 250 ohmNominal SPL acc. to IEC 60268-7: 96 dBNominal THD acc. to IEC 60268-7: < 0.2%Power handling capacity acc. to IEC 60268-7: 100 mW
Thanks. I think I'd prefer the 250 Ohm version from people's opinions and what I've read.  I guess my real question is, would the 30 Ohm output from my MOTU be enough to drive the 250 Ohm headphones efficiently?
Greetings,   I'm looking at purchasing the DT-770 headphones and I'm using a MOTU Track 16. MOTU tech support has informed me that the headphone out on the device is 30 Ohms and 200 milliwatts.  Would I be better off getting the 80 ohm or 250 ohm version of the DT-770s?  From the basic information I've gathered online (and the 1:8 rule) it looks like I should go with the 250 ohm version.   Any clarification/advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!