Posts by WhiskeyJacks

I would probably go with the fiio over the colorfly mostly because the sd card option, and the price you can find is for its quality is really good for a player that handles high res files. Also you could use a amp if you ever wanted too like the pure or some thing i do know if you can with the color fly
I would say the Fidue A83 is relatively neutral, and very nice sounding, detailed, nice bass  extensions and does have some kick to match the tracks that have it. I have not had any trouble with the dip on the graph and i have not had trouble with brightness with the DX90. I am listening to all 16bit 44.1khz and up. I definitely feel it is more neutral, because the SM64 has a more warm mid range, and has some slight rise I feel like in the low end, but not muddy or messy,...
This is my favorite closed back headphone, it delivers an amazing sound for the price and is one of the most enjoyable headphones I have used to date. It is hard for me to sell this because I do not know when I will be able to buy one again. But I need to cut down on some things due to health bills. And main rig consists of open back HE-560, so I do not get to use this as much as I would. It is in very good condition and is dark   They are walnut cups, varnish finish...
This is a great sound fun signature, good for that bass impact and treble detail, and still has nice smooth mid range. It retails for around 300$ plus comes with an upgraded cable. I am asking for (Price dropped)150.00$ Just had gotten it recently from member here, so I am the second owner. It also comes with a case for the IEMs and few tips. Reason for selling is upgraded to a higher tier of IEM and am selling other IEMs. Will post pictures soon as I can please feel free...
SO, the Earsonics Sm64 and from first impressions of these to the impressions that I am having with the Fidue's they are both some top notch sounding IEMs in the 500$ limit. Two different signatures, one more neutral, with lighter but punch bass, neutral mids, and bit more treble. The other a bit more bass slam, nice midrange  a bit warmer and lush, treble that is smooth but still has detail. Definitely enjoying both and definitely going to do some a/bing when I get some...
Oh yes, do not get me wrong i just started burning them in and or adjusting to them. They sound really good, but the havi still have a great sound considering the price. I actually love the balance of the fidue and their bass response, fantastic. Mid range is clear and never fatiguing for myself, and i actually think it does this quite well.
So, far I find the DX90 sounds quite good paired with the Fidue A83, and that was my main concern other than if I would enjoy the sound quality/signature. I also have a decent amount of amps to fall back on with some coloration and some neutrality.
haha, Yeah this is the big splurge, only keeping one of the two, and also have sold a lot of my other toys to get these lol.Yeah I usually give myself some time in between listening, but I did not really do that early so I am taking a break now. Also the fit at least for me with some of the silicone tips that come with the A83 I feel like they are decently comfortable and seal well. So maybe my canals and ears are just shaped well for these particular IEMs. Which is always...
I understand that, I am okay with the bit of burn in, and I am actually looking forward to the changes a bit, I am also going to receiving the Earsonics SM64 tomorrow I believe, but i could be wrong because of the holiday today.
Okay so I have been using the A83 for about 4 hours I would say. First I used it with the Dx90 dap, and I heard some initial hiss but now that has faded and have had time to give a first impressions. It sounds very good out of the DX90. Nice neutral and natural sounding mid range, tight and quick bass with more impact than I thought it would have with some music. Good treble extension, and I have been listening for a dip and though If I try I can notice it, it does not...