or Connect

Posts by WhiskeyJacks

I was reading that you are not a big fan of the headphones neutrality? Do you own other closed backs you prefer? I just received my loaned and started listening today. I have some good closed headphones, like ZMF x Vibros, Sound magic HP-100, and hp-150. Along with He-560's(grill, cable, and pad modded. Current main headphone). I can understand not enjoying the laid back neutral character, but I feel that it does have some emotion. I mean I listened to adele's 25 in flac...
Received the Oppo Pm-3, and Have been able to take a quick listen, But not much more than that. But what I heard from the DX90(lurker f.w.) (and with Ibasso PB2 at some points) sounded very pleasing to the ears. Great tonality, enjoyable signature, laid back but detailed with good punch and speed. Will of course right better impressions when I sit down and listen more thoroughly.
If it is the same sound as the bit dated model I have then you should not have to worry. I use he 560s which I believe is a brighter headphone then yours, and though I have the cable, pad, and grill mod if the nfb28 was bright I would know. I was worried as well coming from the alo pan am which with the tubes I had was bit warmer than most solid states I have used. After adjusting to the amplifier which is fantastic for an all in one unit of the nfb28, I realized...
If you have a good ear you should be happy for a good few years to come. I would love to upgrade eventually to another Audio GD product, like the NFB 27.    Your planars should sound fantastic from balanced out, mine do.    Be sure to give it a bit too before really judging(already known but figured I would say it anyways) Because when I got my unit I was using the GO1000-- Panam amp(or Asgard/vali) And at first I was kind of disappointed because my ears and head were...
That is really good news, at least from taking your impressions and comparison from it, I was considering getting the Xfi or something like that and getting rid of the NFB to save space and try something new. But honestly I never did and am happy I didn't I listen portably to my Earsonics SM64v2 DX90-Meier 2Stepdance/Fiio e12a( when out and about) And Listen to the He-560 and Sound magic HP150 via DX90-Meier 2stepdance/iBasso pb2(balanced) away from my pc and desk. But I...
I Have a friend who compared the NFB 28  to the Single ended pulse dac/amp( which goes for a  couple hundred more than the NFB28) He said the DACs are pretty similar and or close, but he thinks the amp is much better on the NFB 28 in comparison. It also delivers much more power and drives the Zibro Omnis much better.  So take that at what it is, someone else's impressions. 
I had the the ZMF x Vibro and have tried them on the 10es as well as used them daily via Balanced and single end with the HFB 28, and The Vibros had very good bass and great musical and warm midrange, where the 10es sounded good with them, the NFB 28 sounded fantastic with them, because form my experience the detail and resolution as well as the staging felt better on the nfb28, and though it was less warm than the 10es it was by no means analytical, boring, sharp, and or...
That is good, I am glad You like the LCD2.2 I liked them form when I tried them out, nice easy to listen to sound. The HE-400i/400s are both very good similar signature sound to the HD600 as well, just not as expensive as the LCD2.2. I am sure any of these would be a nice option as far as a first ortho. I thiknk that is why I enjoy the NFB28 so much because of the power it delivers into my HE-560, and the resolution and detail that it is able to pull from the HE-560 is...
Is this still available for tour? I would like to take a gander and potentially try it out and review this DAP, I enjoyed the C5 amp they had came out with it
If you like the sound of the HD 600 and thr signature, I would hold off on the audeze headphone. I would go with something like the He 400S/400i, and if you have the money go straight to the he-560. I owned the hd600 for a long while and then those two headphones definitely have a closer signature nut better speed and in the 560s case better detail retrieval and resolution. Just my two cents if you like the hd600 sound.