Posts by WhiskeyJacks

Hey this may be a noob question, but when I got to select Viper Effect on the Fiio x5III It then brings up how would I like the pay and shows three available options. The problem is I knw nothing about how much it costs, and looked on the web to see if I can find out further information about it but struck out... only things that kept popping up were a car starter device or company called viper. If someone knows about the price and if it is worth it for that price(i know...
So, received the X5 III today, and I wanted to give my initial impressions on the sound quality and function.  ssss The sound quality straight from the player with nothing updated, no dedicated external amp, and from my Audiofly AF-1120's was really pleasant. I am coming from the DX90 with the most recent of Lurkers f.w. and think it is a solid player if getting a bit outdated, and when first opening the X5III I was really impressed with both the packaging (clean cut)...
Thanks a lot for all the time you took to write me back with your comparisons. I am still looking into the onkyo player and mojo I was offered really good deal on x5iii plus accessories bundle. I'm hoping b to b try it out this weekend hopefully and if it is not my cup of coffee on to the mojo
I am going to be trying this out shortly probably by the weekend or just after, and I really looking forward to it. Comparing the sound quality with the dx90 is something I will do when i get some time with the player. I no longer have the e12a and I don't have an A5....but I do have a Meier Audio 2Stepdance and an iBasso PB2 which from my experience and other's I have read are 2 of the arguably best portable amps under 500$. So, I will be looking forward to trying it with...
I am currently residing in Terryville Connecticut and would love to meet with other headfiers and share experiences, trial different gear, etc. I don't know if you guys have room for one more, or have already done this meet, but let me know at the very least... I don't have as much as I use too but still have: ZMF omni(now ori's) in walnut, the Audiofly Flagship the AF-1120, Ibasso pb2 portable amp, Meier audio 2stepdance portable amp, dx90 from iBasso, Audio GD NFB-28...
Just wanting to hear your 2 cents how do you like the sound so far from the singled ended? what IEMs or headphones are you pairing with them ? Thanks for the input
I actually love the way my audiofly sounds via my NFB 28 from audio gd it is detail, resolving, and clean. I just was worried the pioneer or dpx1 would be thinner and brighter and that is what my IEM would take from it since it is pretty neutral. But if it is neutral, detailed, analytical that is not bad thing at all. Out of the daps you are using and auditioning which do you prefer so far? 
Yes Please if you find the time let me know, and I did not know about the refurbished ones. where did you see those? I check a few places but I may be looking in wrong place. What I was concerned with is the Audiofly af1120 isnt as warm as the af180, it is more balanced, closer to neutral, with detail and speed. But not very warm or dark signature, I can imagine the onkyo sounding good with a headphone that is darker to balance it out and give it some more treble sparkle...
I know there is a lot of posts and noreally I like reading through the thread... but my dx 90 is giving me troubles lately and I just received the audiofly af 1120 which is the newer 6ba driver iem from them. It is 10ohms I am looking for a player that I can upgrade tof. Would the onkyo dxp1 be a worthwhile investment basickly I'm at a lost I can grab one used for 400 in good condition. I am between this player and the mojo via my Samsung s7 edge. Or maybe even the pioneer...
Too expensive of an upgrade I'm looking at a fiio x7, onkyo dx-p1, Pioneer xdp100, or the chord mojo with my Samsung 7 the storage for music