or Connect

Posts by WhiskeyJacks

I was part of the loaner program with the Oppo Pm-3 and was told from everyone that paired the two that the HA-2 with the Pm-3 was it. One hell of a portable set up, and should be better than many more portable setups that cost much more.  But if you are only using the amp of the Oppo HA-2 then it is not worth buying, as far as amp alone I don't see it out performing the E12a(which I own) . IF you want a portable amp to go with the Fiio  x5ii(which is no slouch for a dac)...
Yes, I can also comment on Venus Audio's cables build and quality. He is a very cool guy to work with and will basically do whatever you need for your cable if he has it or has the ability to get it. Just have to ask him via message via ebay. I had a after market Sennheiser cable made for my HD600's and I really liked it. 
Is this loaner still active, for reviewing and listening would be really interested in comparing to my 560s
I just dont see why you give them 2 stars out of five due to a cable, if it is defective and replaceable, just seems a bit extreme. Personally I would be irritated and what not for defective cable but as long as they agreed to replace it without cost to me I think I would still give it a good rating, if the sound quality was worth the price paid.
No you get higher volumes, the differences is when pairing with the right portable amplifier that can put out decent voltage and power into lower resistance( impedance) will help bring the sound quality up and out, show you more of what the mad dogs are capable of as far impact, detail, and or resolution. If you are pairing with the Fiio X1, and are going to use an amp I would suggest the Fiio e12A which surprisingly can power up the other ortho's that I owned well enough...
I have not had the issue either SSL, coming from the DT990  then DT880 at one point prior to this headphone. So, it could be very well that we are immune so to speak, or not hearing this because of our previous experiences with brighter and depending on source and amp, harsher headphones. 
A friend of mine upgraded to the Velvets, and he said it was  great investment because it took the things he like and enjoyed with the SM64 and just made it better. Great midrange, nice bass and low end presence, and detail without sounding focused only on the details. Hope that helps
If you can pair these with the Ibasso PB2( LME49710 opamps and dummy buffers) or something with detailed, fast, and balanced amp and it really brings out the best of these IEMs from my experiences. I use the Meier 2Stepdance and the iBasso PB2.
From  a friend on HF I talked to and also a review I read as well, the Omni has more midrange presence and a very likeable mid range. Good speed and detail retrieval with a decent sound stage for a semi-open headphone are also qualities I have read it possessed. I will be receiving a model for review and test some time in february and will let you know how I feel it is in comparison to my HE-560's. Btw I know my friend had kept the Omni after and sold the he-560, he said...
I really wish the Burson V5's were not so tall and large, I would love to use them in my PB2 when I would get the money for them, currently I am using 4x LM49710  opamp and the dummy buffers. Pairing this with the iBasso DX90 and the Oppo PM-3 has been a delight thus far.