or Connect

Posts by WhiskeyJacks

I am not sure if you are saying you listened to them yet or are going to listen to them. But from my experience with my HE-560 I do not find the treble energy too much, I feel like it sound ver detailed, open, transparent, and most of all natural. Very good tonality with the HE-560 as far as any of the headphones I have listened to. I hope you give it a listen if you haven't and enjoy them. I know my friend that I got these from said he has the HD800s and the HE-560s and...
I do not own the HE-400i, But I have owned the HE-560i and that has been for a long while it seems now. I own the HP-150 as well which is a very good closed headphone I recently did a comparison to the Oppo Pm-3 which goes for twice the price. The treble on the He-560 you may know is airy, detailed, articulate, and has great tonality. The Hp-150 from a far lower price point is a great closed headphone with quick bass and decent prat, mid range is neutral and still very...
When you say Analytical at low bit rate do you mean accurate and or detailed?, or show bad recording? I know I personally would prefer the he 400s because of its potential of sounding good from mobile sources without an amp of higher power. I also know both sound great but I believe that he 400s may do better with lower bit rate because made to be able to used with ones phone in mind
Yeah I would have to agree with sonic defender. What you have should be sold as a source, and as your amp should be fine as long q as it can put enough power into lower impedance. I mean my he560 sounds great from my dx 90 via IBasso pb2 or meier 2stepdance, so I don't doubt you can drive yours well
Yeah I had the Cayin c5 a long time ago back when it first came out I believe when you had to order straight from asia if I remember correctly. I used them with my HE-560's from bed and with my ZMF x Vibro, I no longer have them but the Fii E12A(IEM version) sounds very good with this headphone, the PB2 sounds great with everything I have used so far with the current buffer and op amps that I installed. I used it most though with the Meier 2stepdance because it gives it...
You Are not retarding for not knowing, and I had a good few mid tier(prices maybe around 400-500$) before getting the HE-560, but I was fortunate enough to buy a grill modded, pad modded, and cable modded headphone from a friend on Head-fi. So, granted yes brain burn was required either way, and with some of my poorer recorded files i definitely heard any mistakes and or lack of quality via these headphones.  I wanted to ask what amp and dac are you using?, I know many on...
Oh, that is good, I was just wondering if you didnt like it or did because of the pairing with the gear you owned, but I can imagine the Dragonfly 1.2 actually sounding good with the PM-3's Signature, and I feel the same I wish I could keep it to a certain extent because each time I listen to it when in my reading area and chair or in bed relaxing It makes me very content paired with the 2stepdance and dx90. I wish may be selling some things in order to pick up one used or...
I was reading that you are not a big fan of the headphones neutrality? Do you own other closed backs you prefer? I just received my loaned and started listening today. I have some good closed headphones, like ZMF x Vibros, Sound magic HP-100, and hp-150. Along with He-560's(grill, cable, and pad modded. Current main headphone). I can understand not enjoying the laid back neutral character, but I feel that it does have some emotion. I mean I listened to adele's 25 in flac...
Received the Oppo Pm-3, and Have been able to take a quick listen, But not much more than that. But what I heard from the DX90(lurker f.w.) (and with Ibasso PB2 at some points) sounded very pleasing to the ears. Great tonality, enjoyable signature, laid back but detailed with good punch and speed. Will of course right better impressions when I sit down and listen more thoroughly.
If it is the same sound as the bit dated model I have then you should not have to worry. I use he 560s which I believe is a brighter headphone then yours, and though I have the cable, pad, and grill mod if the nfb28 was bright I would know. I was worried as well coming from the alo pan am which with the tubes I had was bit warmer than most solid states I have used. After adjusting to the amplifier which is fantastic for an all in one unit of the nfb28, I realized...