Posts by WhiskeyJacks

I am not sure if the NFB28 would be a big upgrade or more of a side grade from your bifrost and lyr 2.
Well, if this is any indication though I did do some A Bing between the two and noticed the heavier Omni had softer padding and it's own kind of comfort compared to the lighter and very comfortable HE-560. I believe the He-560 is a bit more easier to wear for extended periods especially if someone has weaker neck and shoulders( thankfully I do not have neither of those). I prefer the depth and padding of the Omni cups and pads( lambskin).      I have not put the HE-560 on...
So, Impressions... where to I begin, well let me say that when these( walnut Omni with Lambskin pads via balance 4 pin cable) arrived I was thrilled to plug them in. Now, I have a grill modded which I use focus a pads normally( right now they need to be replace so using focus pads) and it is paired with a Charleston cable company balanced cable which is very nice and goes for close to 175 I believe. These things all did wonders for the spaciousness and width of openness...
Zanke I would suggest if it is in your budget, to try something like the Vali/Vali 2, Audio GD makes fantastic DACs/Amps but I do not think I have listened to the NFB11, I own currently the balanced NFB28(great unit for orthos) but as for the HD600s I would suggest the Vali 2 paired with the ODAC/Modi 2/CDAC+. Other amps I would use with the HD600s would be the ALO Panam(no longer made but on the forums from time to time) Keces I heard paired well like one was saying. If...
I have read from a few different sources and on Bottleheads own product page that the S.E.X. 2.1 Kit  is really good pairing for a lot of ortho's( and from a different thread and forum) read about some great success with the HE-560. As well as the Torpedo 3 I believe which is another DIY that punches hard for the Value it gives
Yes I agree it is a brighter headphone, in the upper midrange and lower treble, but like you said it does change over time and use, not even just brain burn in, the headphone I feel adjusts from use to give it an energetic but mostly neutral signature, and I also listen to it flat no eq( where as when I had the HP100( put a couple hundred hours on it I did the same eqed for a while then eventually no longer needed it). Also the Fiio E12a (better opamps and buffers, IMO,...
It is thinner than something like the Oppo PM-3 but I would not say it is recessed mid range is slightly but nothing huge, and still has good tone and neutrality with decent imaging, good detail. It is a fantastic headphone at the price. 
Part of why amazon put the X2 under investigation, the ones they were selling anyways( which Had tons of complaints and returns)
My wife is watching over my shoulder as we speak to make sure that I write and send this post.... She loves this headphone for her gaming and her light music listening. Great seal and isolation(my words not hers) She recommends(some words, vulgar words, more words) 
Both are laid back and have nice detail and midrange, if you have a good performing amp the HD650 scales well a bit better from my experience than the HD600s(the HD600s sounded very good with solid state or tube)