Posts by WhiskeyJacks

How does that dac/amp sound I have heard positive things about it but was never certain, and so far how does it pair with the HD600s? Also where did you get the stand, I am looking for a nice one for mine.   Yes It does sound fine without amp but I got the Cmoy BB with 18v from a trade, and it sounds better with this as a dedicated amp for the HD600s, I use it when I want to listen to music in the other room. I happen to think it give good detail retrieval and does enough...
Oh Sorry I thought you were looking for the cable that goes from the HD600s to the source and or amp you are playing them from. This is the HD600s cables(after markey) My pair of 600s had interference from the stock cable and once I had this one made, he let me pick the length the connecter type, and materials used finding me the best solution for good quality at a lower price that I could afford. Anyways I no longer hear the interference. I highly suggest it if you are...
I agree differences are slight, but what changed most for me when changing to an after market cable from a seller on ebay that makes cables is the static and interference my stock cable was giving me. I never hear static unless it is part of the song for whatever reason. I am very happy this  is a very good desktop cable for the price I paid, and it looks good plugged into the Matrix. I when I pay off some things, I am planning on getting one of his popular 3-4 ft 3.5 plug...
The LM4562 has arrived in the States, New york and supposedly was processed through IPS facility and is now in Flushing NY. So hopefully the post will get it here by next week sometime being that New York is a state away, but we will see USPS can take a bit with international. I will be comparing the two sonic signatures of the LME49990 x2 and the Dual op amp LM4562 and seeing if I am come to the same conclusion as you as far as sound and preference being that we both felt...
I have not been a long time tube roller, but I do love the way all 3 hybrids I have use sounded, granted two were not as clean sounding as  good solid state, or as flat. But the one I kept out of the bunch is very quiet as far as static and interference and I have a pair of 1957 RCA 12au7's with the Fournier and preferred it over the more expensive Little Dot mk4. I received the M-stage 2012 version through trade, and after changing the stock opa2134 and replacing them...
  Sent you  a pm, let me know if you are interested
Actually I do not drink and have not drank in 5 years, the name whiskeyjack a very profound character in the malazan tales of the fallen series, a 10 book series dark fantasy. Had a big impact on me as a person, so the name has become an alias. whiskeyjack is a bird.
Those movies you sited, are some of the best dramatic movies he could of done. IMO Dead poet society was my favorite growing up, Oh Captain, My Captain!... and Good will hunting was a classic they both indeed inspired thinking outside the box for one's self. Also hook was one of the best peter pan movies period. The best imo
So still waiting for the LM4562 to hit the states, probably will happen after this weekend or so, which is fine. I ended up receiving a LME49990 x2 soic to dip8 adapter. It sounds very nice, for initial impressions I have to say it has great sonic quality, kind of laid back and natural but capable of delivering both punch in bass, along with detail and musicality across the spectrum. The sound stage opens up from the NE5532, and the OPA2134 is darker than both of these. I...
Yes I actually wish a couple other portable dacs would do this, the reason they do not normallyis because it is much safer and easier to have an adapter into a micro usb connection then micro to usb(because of the thinness and weak form of the micro usb, breaks would be common) I love the idea though, I actually am waiting for raf's impressions because I am thinking about getting one this fall and or christmas.