Posts by WhiskeyJacks

No You will not suffer from treble brightness with the ZxV in my own thoughts i like both brighter and darker treble. I like musicality of the ZxV as much ad much the dynamic,detail of my modded he560s. Are both my favorite headphones
I too wouldlike to hear what mods You have created and what impact it has had on the he560
Were you saying you were not overly fond of the Vahalla 2, but the MjoInir is something you consider a very good buy becasue it competes with some more expensive tube amps you like? I am overtired so honestly just curious. Dod upi try try the MjoInir with the HD600s?
I actually turned it arouind and really checked it out, and realized no go off the bat. It can be used as a preamp which is too bad because that would be a nice feature.,
Good point, about the Vali and the Vahallal, forgot you wanted a very neutral sound. Yeah the o22 in some of the custom casin that Audio poutine(cdac+ builder) is pretty beautiful work. The Cdac+ is kind of like a wire DAC where you have it in the background of your amp whatever that may be. Yea the NFB28 definitely is a solid buy but if you do not need all the connectivity there are others out there. I, myself, am looking for a warmer unit to pair with the NFB for when I...
I currently use the NFB28 and I wonder how it compares to the 10es2? you think they are similar?. I know the 28 is a bit more powerful, but I actually bought it looking for a used 10es unit. I happen to reallly appreciate both the DAC and the amp of this unit. THey are exceptional with the ZMF x Vibros, and HE560's(grill modded and pad modded). I still think about getting a Lyr and attempting to use it as a preamp and start off by connecting it via rca in and doing a loop?...
Well that is something I noticed rigtht off the bat, with the NFB28 it definitely is smoother for a neutral sound, the O2 definitely sounds more neutral in that regard of smoothness. The NFB28 is more detailed imo or is able to bring out more detail, it is faster  than the o2 not to say the o2 is slowwwww but it is not as quick to me. For my own preferences I easily prefer the NFB 28 with it's detailed, fast, powerful, yet smooth and engaging sound. The O2 is still great...
If you already have dac chip with your sound card and do not need the odac section, I mean you can get a used O2 for like 90-110$ that is definitely one of the best bangs for your buck, but using the DT990s I prefered the Schiit Vali, Hell the Vahalla may sound awesome with it but that is more expensive. I would find a used Vali(80-100$) which is very lifelike feeling, slightly warm, detailed, with good staging. I highly recommend this pairing with DT990s
I have read that the Leckerton 6mk2 is a very good unit for the price. I believe it looks like it was well thought out when reading about the specs and what not. Also I understand what you are saying about putting music first and wanting people to understand paying 1000 dollars when you do not really like the headphone that much is foolishness. I agree on some of those very points and beliefs. I just am saying what i hear, the ODAC/O2 is a great piece of gear at a much...
No they are not that different, I did not mean that the o2 odac was super inferior but from when I owned it, there was a difference in sound quality imo. I am sure power and balanced jack has a decent amount ot do with it. I will see if I can borrow one from my friend. I am thinking the NFB 28 is a great unit though thus far, great power, clarity, detail. I will say I feel like I get a bit more detail from the NFB 28 then the odac/o2 which I am not sure if it has something...