or Connect

Posts by WhiskeyJacks

I have done this actually when switching pads, my wife yelled at me, "turn your speakers down babe". Then She looked over and I got smacked upside the head(after the removal of headphones, my wife has a unique respect for anything expensive).  I really wonder how good the Magni 2u with the H10 with V5 opamp upgrade. I wanted if it would out punch the NFB28 I have from Audio GD. I am considering getting another amp again to give different signature and flavor to the HE-560...
If that is the higher model using same dac chip,then yes I believe so as far as Kingwa is concerned I had a long chain of email's corresponding about the differences as far as tonality, detail, power of some of his different mid-fi to higher-fi( ...higher fi idk) units. Where he explained what he could about the differences and also which units in his mind and using his ears, are better than others.
I want to mention some other options if you are open too them. First, I agree the Gustard H10 would be a good pairing with a solid DAC, you want a good source for the HE-560 from my own experiences, it brings the best out of the HE-560. I Currently use the Audio GD NFB28, which is a balance unit(with single ended headphone out as well), puts out about 8 watts via balanced into 40ohms I believe. This unit in particular uses a sabre dac very well implemented so that the...
how much did the material cost for your cable Pinky?  and I personally prefer the balanced out, very clean, detailed, smooth, immersive sound. 
I was part of the loaner program with the Oppo Pm-3 and was told from everyone that paired the two that the HA-2 with the Pm-3 was it. One hell of a portable set up, and should be better than many more portable setups that cost much more.  But if you are only using the amp of the Oppo HA-2 then it is not worth buying, as far as amp alone I don't see it out performing the E12a(which I own) . IF you want a portable amp to go with the Fiio  x5ii(which is no slouch for a dac)...
Yes, I can also comment on Venus Audio's cables build and quality. He is a very cool guy to work with and will basically do whatever you need for your cable if he has it or has the ability to get it. Just have to ask him via message via ebay. I had a after market Sennheiser cable made for my HD600's and I really liked it. 
Is this loaner still active, for reviewing and listening would be really interested in comparing to my 560s
I just dont see why you give them 2 stars out of five due to a cable, if it is defective and replaceable, just seems a bit extreme. Personally I would be irritated and what not for defective cable but as long as they agreed to replace it without cost to me I think I would still give it a good rating, if the sound quality was worth the price paid.
No you get higher volumes, the differences is when pairing with the right portable amplifier that can put out decent voltage and power into lower resistance( impedance) will help bring the sound quality up and out, show you more of what the mad dogs are capable of as far impact, detail, and or resolution. If you are pairing with the Fiio X1, and are going to use an amp I would suggest the Fiio e12A which surprisingly can power up the other ortho's that I owned well enough...
I have not had the issue either SSL, coming from the DT990  then DT880 at one point prior to this headphone. So, it could be very well that we are immune so to speak, or not hearing this because of our previous experiences with brighter and depending on source and amp, harsher headphones.