or Connect

Posts by WhiskeyJacks

This has been owned and cared for a while now, It is in good condition, with minor scruff on the plastic baffle off the right cup due to the box and shipping from the carrier. Other than that and some wear on the pads it is in good condition. It comes with a custom cable from Charleston Cable Company( this cable and interconnect are the Audiophile level version of their cables, which range from entry, mid level, and audiophile. It is the best they had to offer and worth...
I can second that opinion the Vai paired with the HD600 is a very nice enjoyable sound. Definitely one of the better pairings for an amp under 150 with the hd600s
I was about to say when I head the HE-500 it had a very pleasant and enjoyable midrange. Now the HE-560( modded with focus a pads, grill mod, balanced upgraded cable) has a slight recession in comparison but to be honest to it is very slight, and the midrange is still very enjoyable where as the tonality of my he-560 is fantastic. The HD600 was good headphone especially for the price I do not feel I enjoyed it more than my HE-560, I cannot argue if I did or not with the...
Wait so the exotic wood you received was not a bought headphone? But for reviews? That is cool looks fantastic from the picture you linked, am I understanding this correctly? Also what we're some of the differences in presentation to the blackwoods
Nevermind went back about  6 pages and found that it is red sandalwood. I did not see any exotic woods on the website so I did not know he had any available.
Which wood did you get? Blackwood? with which finish?
 I am not sure if the NFB28 would be a big upgrade or more of a side grade from your bifrost and lyr 2.
Well, if this is any indication though I did do some A Bing between the two and noticed the heavier Omni had softer padding and it's own kind of comfort compared to the lighter and very comfortable HE-560. I believe the He-560 is a bit more easier to wear for extended periods especially if someone has weaker neck and shoulders( thankfully I do not have neither of those). I prefer the depth and padding of the Omni cups and pads( lambskin).      I have not put the HE-560 on...
So, Impressions... where to I begin, well let me say that when these( walnut Omni with Lambskin pads via balance 4 pin cable) arrived I was thrilled to plug them in. Now, I have a grill modded which I use focus a pads normally( right now they need to be replace so using focus pads) and it is paired with a Charleston cable company balanced cable which is very nice and goes for close to 175 I believe. These things all did wonders for the spaciousness and width of openness...
Zanke I would suggest if it is in your budget, to try something like the Vali/Vali 2, Audio GD makes fantastic DACs/Amps but I do not think I have listened to the NFB11, I own currently the balanced NFB28(great unit for orthos) but as for the HD600s I would suggest the Vali 2 paired with the ODAC/Modi 2/CDAC+. Other amps I would use with the HD600s would be the ALO Panam(no longer made but on the forums from time to time) Keces I heard paired well like one was saying. If...