Posts by WhiskeyJacks

Also do any other owners of the af 1120 have their iems on hand can check the back and or front to see if has similar look with the plastic shell.. Kind of looks like glue or something inside from back side by Jack I may be just being paranoid just wanted someone to say looks like mine... your good whiskey jack
For those instwrested in the af-1120s ability to render a separation, imaging, and detail I highly suggest you demo, stream/download Cowboy Bebop soundtrack; granted this is a anime soundtrack but it is high quality 96khz and 24bit recorded with the theme music of the show which is a lot of jazz, blues, and some funk inspired tunes. It was really well done and the music is very impressive.
I can get it separate for 99 it says I meant 5o let you know I found ithis last night when browsing. Looks nice quality and it tangles less on top of it then hell yeah, lol. Anyways yes the MMCX specific audiofly connects are definitely a pain in the tail bone... let me hear your impressions on it'so sonics/microphonics, build/flex/length, tangle/comfort when you get a little time with it.
Yeah I agree, when something gets past that 500$ marker the extra critical listening and judgment should be on. I personally would probably lean towards 5 stars from my experiences, but to be honest part the reason (not finished with my review yet) I may not is the fricken cables, you have fantastic IEM great comfort, reference, high class and quality sound, fantastic clarity and tone, and yet you put the a nice quality cable that is the tangliest mother of cables....and...
I owned these for 2 and half years, I used them everyday before upgrading to the Audiofly AF-1120 6 driver. These are great IEMs that are smooth, detailed, good stage width, nice bass for a BA driver, does have a rolled off treble and dip in the higher frequencies to tame any brightness, but brightness can also be great thing from an earphone when done well. Just depends on preferences.  I highly suggest staying away from Comply foam tips and go with spiral dots or what I...
So, I had originally had problems getting the Fiio x5 III usb dac workign with my windows 10, I installed the driver and made sure to have the DAP in USB DAC mode while installation asked for it. Then it showed up on my playback devices list, but nothing was happening when testing and trying to configure. So, I then unplugged reinstalled driver and this time around it asked me to reboot my pc, so I did so. Then it would not register if it was plugged in it was only showing...
He is pretty dead on, as far as a neutral flat response you a very balanced sound, not dull, tight low end that has impact and slam when it is in the recording. The sound stage is good  above average width, and even better depth, it is not just the size of space but way the instrument and vocals and ques are positioned, hearing each individual piece when it needed and then a whole picture. Very high resolution in that regards.... the treble is nicely detailed , and fast...
No you are good I was willing to do it also, to be frank I mentioned family and friends originally because I know we don't know one another besides both being involved in this community. So, I also mentioned friend's and family seeing as you may of felt more comfortable with those sources. I would see if you can find a 120-180 mic/ cable because maybe lder and less expensive models may be available somewhere in europe. Now if I misread and they have nothing even lower end...
You are from the UK you said? My father and my family on his side are all living in Ireland, and many of them south of london as well. Perhaps if you cannot find a cable this is what you could do have a friend in america or else where where they can get a cable shipped to them and then pay the extra to ship it to you UK from their residence? I know it is not the best thing ever but I did it once from my cousin Stephan in Belfast.
I understand your sentiments about the linum bax cable. because with my earsonics sm64 I used the two pin cable from them the one a step down from the balanced new version,. very good quality I actually still have wish I could use it with the af-1120, not saying there cable is not of high quality because it is especially compared to what cables a lot of companies try to pass off on you with higher end universals and even ciems, but alas mmcx adapters needed.  I respect...