Posts by WhiskeyJacks

I have both the Havi B3 and the Earsonic SM64 v2. I would like to say in my own opinion on the sound in the mid range and in female vocals I definitely find the SM64 more enjoyable than the Havi. Now not to say that the Havi's are not great for the value you get, but they do not come in competition with the Sm64 from my own experiences. I think the DX90 paired with the SM64 may just have better synergy because it is a great portable pairing, and though I use the Pb2 amp or...
You like the combination of the HR-2 and the HE-560? I was wondering if it would be enough power, not knowing how much power the HR-2 had. I also was looking at one a while back, and was very tempted to purchase one, but there was not too much written about the amp so I let it be. I ended up with the NFB28 full balanced dac and amp from Audio GD, which ended up being a very good choice, and have been content for the most part ever since(longest I have gone with out buying...
Yeah I would like a comparison of the n6 and the DX90 because I know that when I owned the Cayin C5 I was impressed(even though I sold it because I had the Ibasso PB2)
When I first received my He-560(grill modded) I was using the GO1000 and the ALO PanAm. I could of lived with the GO1000 with the HE-560, it was a really nice combo, the GO1000 is probably favorite DAC/Amp under 500$ when pairing with the HE-560. Granted I like the Audio-Gd NFB28 more after adjusting to the differences, but it is balanced, huge, and more expensive in comparison so I do not compare harshly.  I can recommend the Geek out 1000 hands down with the HE-560, from...
To be honest this is probably one of my favorite ones I have seen, I like the black and light contrast. These are my pair. I got I believe one of the last walnut ones he had.
I think that this would be a good combination with the LCD2 given that it will balance it out a little more, and also have more than enough power for the headphones, it drives my HE-560 and ZMF x Vibros effortlessly. It is a very capable DAC/Amp and it is a balanced unit which is even nicer imo. Hope you decide and are happy with what you end up with.
Sorry was not around much for holiday, and I have my webcam that has 1080 so I will send you some when I get a chance. They are in a very good conditon i would say 8 out of 10 not scruffs or scrapes of any kind that I can see. and sound great.
Wanted to do an update on the impressions and my opinions of the A83 and in comparison to the SM64 from earsonics. I feel that the A83 brings out the detail a bit more, which I can still hear with the sm64 but it is a bit warmer and so some times now as obvious. The SM64 are light and fit my ear shape better but I have not discomfort with the A83 to grip on, and the build quality seems to be holding up very well and is solid. Microphonics are present if you rub the part of...
Yeah I have seen one or two and the last one I saw is the one I had bought thankfully got a nice fully balanced DAC and Amp for under 600$, especially with a good sabre dac and that it has the power to drive the hardest to drive headphones. I am very happy with this set up to be honest it ended my searching and experimentation with desktop gear. Then the dx90 and Ibasso pb2 ended my portable solution. 
Well I have never compared the IE8 and the A83, but I have used the IE80 and currenty own the Fidue a83. The Fidue A83 is more detailed, has more natural timbre and tonality, not as bassy but probably has more accurate bass than the IE80. The IE80 is one of the best IEMs I had used up till I received the SM64 and the Fidue A83. The IE80 is very enjoyable and though it is bassy it still has a great sound stage and sounds nice and clear. The A83 has great bass extension and...