Posts by PolkManiac

I got the Theorem and the Hifi M8 in and have them both burning in now. First impressions are that the M8 has more power but at a given volume level I think I actually prefer the Theorem instead, will post more in the coming days
I got the Theorem 720 in yesterday and have about 20 hours on it, I can tell you guys that the P7 respond well to better gear upstream, more so than the Momentum to these ears. I still don't know which I prefer straight out of the iPod, but with the theorem in the mix I'm finding the P7 scales up better.
And some people confuse warm and organic sounding with dull and veiled...
Something like the dt1350 or m500 would probably be considered by more people to be a more true and accurate hifi sound. That said I still prefer the p7 over those...
I've got one of these coming on Friday and will post my thoughts, was a tough decision between this and hifi m8, hope I made the right choice
I just picked up a Theorem 720 and will hopefully have it next week and will post my thoughts on how a decent dac and amp does or does not improve the sound...
The bass is a bit loose when compared to more neutral headphones, but it's not bad.
I PMd you back with my email, let me know if you got it.
If you're looking at this then I assume you know what this is.  This converts USB from a computer into a cleaner digital signal that a DAC can then convert over to analog, and is better than the USB inputs on most DACs out there.  I compared all the options in this price range and a little above and this was my favorite, it sounds superb and is extremely small so is easy to hide.   This uses the popular XMOS chipset and will do 24/192.  It sounds great, is in perfect...
I'm moving up the line to a Stax SR-009 setup and am selling off my current desktop to hopefully cover the tax on the new setup I'm building :-)   Listed here is my Schiit Lyr headphone amp.  I have about 200 hours on this amp and the stock tubes which are included.  I've got the original box and packaging and the original power cable as well.  The amp is in perfect condition with no marks or scratches, the only difference between mine and a new one is mine is all burned...