Posts by PolkManiac

Ain't it cool how we can all listen to the headphone and hear different things? That's what makes this hobby so fun...
Agreed on the comparison to the HE-6, and alot of the better desktop rigs in general.  It's not really fair to put the P7 against such a setup, but having a basis for comparison is nice.  My desktop rigs consists of a Peachtree DAC-ITx feeding a Schiit Lyr with upgraded tubes feeding the HE-500.  So while it's not fair to put a $400 sealed portable headphone being driven from an iPod up against a $1700 rig, it is nice to have a comparison.   When I compare either the...
Where did I say anything extreme? All I said is that I agreed with Justin that when compared directly with the Senna the mids didn't seem quite as present. Nowhere did I say anything like the P7 have no mids or anything really extreme in nature so I'm not sure what exactly you're reading into my post. So because I have a different opinion that not I'm 'not putting things the correct way'? Now there's an extreme statement if I ever heard one, Nonody said anything about...
It has to be a source thing then, because I'm hearing the same thing with the mids as Justin. Hopefully there's not variability in the product itself, because what I'm hearing is so obvious that I cannot imagine someone else NOT hearing it. I'm running both straight out of an iPod Classic, maybe the p7 needs an amp to sound its best. I will say this, the more I listen to the P7 the more I like it...
Justin I am right there with you on comparing the mids...
I don't think the P7 is more dynamic at least not in how I've always understood that word, though I can see how the peaky treble can give that impression. I can also see how someone could describe the P7 as more exciting.
I've done a pretty extensive comparison with the Momentum and can share a few thoughts.  I've had the P7 a few days now and they're settled in, I've had the Momentum for several months and they've been my go-to portable-ish headphone.  I have slightly smaller than average ears and have always felt that the Momentum were designed specifically for me.  They completely cover my ears while at the same time covering as little area as possible, so they feel cooler than alot of...
Take a look at the Sony mdr-1r
OK, message me if you change your mind.  GLWTS
Would you consider selling the PSU? If so please let me know. Thanks