Posts by PolkManiac

I just picked up a Theorem 720 and will hopefully have it next week and will post my thoughts on how a decent dac and amp does or does not improve the sound...
The bass is a bit loose when compared to more neutral headphones, but it's not bad.
I PMd you back with my email, let me know if you got it.
If you're looking at this then I assume you know what this is.  This converts USB from a computer into a cleaner digital signal that a DAC can then convert over to analog, and is better than the USB inputs on most DACs out there.  I compared all the options in this price range and a little above and this was my favorite, it sounds superb and is extremely small so is easy to hide.   This uses the popular XMOS chipset and will do 24/192.  It sounds great, is in perfect...
I'm moving up the line to a Stax SR-009 setup and am selling off my current desktop to hopefully cover the tax on the new setup I'm building :-)   Listed here is my Schiit Lyr headphone amp.  I have about 200 hours on this amp and the stock tubes which are included.  I've got the original box and packaging and the original power cable as well.  The amp is in perfect condition with no marks or scratches, the only difference between mine and a new one is mine is all burned...
I'm moving up the line to a Stax SR-009 setup and am selling off my current desktop to hopefully cover the tax on the new setup I'm building :-)   Listed here are are my HE-500 headphones.  If you're looking at this ad then you already know what they are.  All you need to hear from me is that this pair is in perfect condition and comes with the original box and accessories.  The velour pads still feel and look new, and I have the stock pleather pads that I never used....
I've got a couple pair of these and am thinning the herd down to just a single pair, so I have a pair of these in brown for sale.  These are the OG 'over-ear' version that retail for $350.  They're in perfect condition and come with box and all original accessories including both cables.   I have high-res versions of the photos below I can send upon request.   Shipping within the CONUS only
Does anyone know if the P5 cable is interchangeable with the P7? I've seen aftermarket options and wonder if they'll work. I sent the P5 back long ago so no longer have one I can test...
I've done a few comparison images with the Momentum, a couple of these are with me in the picture that I'll post at my own peril.  I personally think the Momentum look better vs the P7 when actually worn, thought the P7 look great.   here's a link to the photos on Flickr:   http://www.flickr.com/photos/61358752@N03/sets/72157636799433186/
I think that's overkill as an IEM should already isolate very well.