Posts by PolkManiac

I won't argue with you preferring the P5 over the P7, as I said before you like what you like.  However, I do take issue with your statement that "the P7 does not benefit from extra amplification", as I feel that needs better clarification for those reading this thread.     The P7 doesn't NEED extra amplification, and it's such an efficient headphone that it doesn't really benefit from MORE power (so extra volume alone isn't really needed).  However, it's a revealing...
I must admit it's shocking to hear someone prefer the P5. To each his own but the P5 is a very colored headphone, but hey you like what you like.
They're pretty different. The NAD is laid back and I could listen to it for hours with no fatigue. The P7 is more exciting and has more sparkle on the high end, it's not bright overall but on some recordings the treble can be a bit harsh. I've heard people say that the P7 is never harsh or sibilant but I'd encourage If I had to choose only one it would be the P7, but they're different enough that I'll probably keep both.
I have both the NAD and P7 on hand and they're very different headphones.  The NAD have a more laid back sound, the P7 are more engaging.  I JUST got the NAD, so will share more thoughts when I do a full comparison of the two.
I did a direct comparison between the two cables, especially after some reports of faulty cable with the Momentum headphones. The Apple cable introduces more complexity, but that doesn't necessarily have to mean worse sound if it's done right. When comparing the two cables I was not able to hear a difference, either subjectively or blind folded. Listen for yourself, but don't be surprised if you don't hear a difference. That being said, I now use the straight cable...
I can now say confidently that the P7 scale well with a better source and amp. I've been using them with the Theorem 720 and today decided to run directly off the iPod again to test and it's a night and day difference. They don't require better gear, but they scale with it very well, that's an unusual combination.
Yep, the cable attaches inside the cup so is replaceable, the trick for a while will be finding aftermarket cables.
Nope, I think the lack of those inputs and the internal components needed to make them work is what allows them to keep the balance of size and battery life
I'm happy with my new iPad Air, so I'm putting one of my others up for sale. It's in perfect condition and comes with original box and accessories, and I'm including a few extra goodies with the sale:   1 - Camera Connection Kit (in original box with both USB and SD connectors) 2 - Grey Smart Cover 3 - Black Leather case by Targus, very nice padded case   My asking price includes shipping in the lower 48, PayPal gift or add 3%, a check or MO is fine as well
I generally don't advise forming an opinion based on an in store demo, at home on your rig with your music is really the way to go. For example, I don't think, nor would I expect measurements to show, that the P7 is a more neutral headphone than the Momentum. I actually prefer the P7 at this point, but Momentum is still a more flat headphone.