Posts by PolkManiac

I'm in the same boat as you, so hopefully someone here will help us out.
Fair enough, but if you go back to my posts on this topic in this very same thread it's clear what is being compared here, and comparisons were made to the Momentum. So yes, if you take that one line from that one post I'll grant your argument, but if you take the body of my posts relative to that in this thread it's pretty clear that's not what I meant.Could somebody pick and choose a few posts from this thread and interpret those as 'this is the greatest headphone...
You're bordering between misinterpreting my posts and outright putting words in my mouth.  You'd have to read that statement of mine completely out of context to come to that conclusion.  Let's break it down: 1 - I never said an amp was imperative for the P7, and in fact I said it sounds great without an amp.  I said that it scales better with an amp than the Sennheiser Momentum, which is another portable headphone that's a direct competitor.2 - I never said it scales with...
I've not seen anyone in this thread claim that the P7 is the best sounding headphone out there. I seriously anybody that's actually active on these forums is going to read this thread and think that the P7 is the final word on sound quality.
I was easily able to hear the difference even when blindfolded, for me that is a big difference. It wasn't as big of a difference as hearing different headphones, but it was as big of a difference as I've ever heard an amp make.
I don't think anyone is recommending the P7 as the ultimate reference headphone, that would be silly.  The P7 is a very good portable headphone that sounds good enough for many people to also be their only headphone.  There are cheaper headphones like the HD600 that sound better, but obviously aren't portable.  There are cheaper headphones that are more portable but don't sound as good.  If I needed mobility and could only arrod one pair of headphones then I would...
I believe Tyll has stated in the past that he only does a full review on items he actually likes, which is why you tend not to see a lot of negative reviews on InnerFidelity.  Having read his reviews over the last couple years, I also have a good idea of what he tends to like, and the M500 don't fit that mold.  I think they're going to be too harsh sounding for his tastes, that's just my prediction though.  He's surprised me before with his thoughts on the HD800 so...
I believe Tyll only reviews headphones that he likes, and I don't see the M500 making the cut over on InnerFidelity
Well, the bass and treble both come down a bit with burn in, I found it better balanced after 50 hours or so.  I have no comfort issue, but I have slightly less than average size ears.   I'm be looking forward to your review, but your initial impressions are about what I expected you'd find given your other headphone reviews.  I'm also curious to see your measurements as well, curious if these measure like I think they sound.  I also think the HP50 is a more neutral...